• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga Renaissance Festival

The readers are avaiable for merchants not affiliated with the show host. If you saw the long lines at the atm, they probably make more money on the atms than they do the food.
Who doesn’t go to an event of any kind without a pocket full of cash?
The same folks that drive around on empty and then wonder how they ran out of gas?

Who doesn’t go to an event of any kind without a pocket full of cash?
The same folks that drive around on empty and then wonder how they ran out of gas?

Not me. I brought a ton of cash but hardly spent a lick of it. There were a lot of people who didn't. A LOT. Nothing wrong with that I guess? Unless you're traveling long distances.

I enjoy the Ren Fest. Sunday opening weekend is the best day, coolish weather and smallish crowds. Went this past Saturday for Viking weekend and holy hell at the cloud of dust kicked up. I'm feeling it today with a bit of farmers lung.

So, you didn’t enjoy it?
LOL. Not the parts I posted about. Although, admittedly we could have avoided part of the issues by having cash and bringing more than 2 water bottles. So that was on us 100%.

The wife and I love people watching and certainly saw more boobs than we would have anticipated. A lot of barely there costumes but most were very well done. There was a small percentage of individuals that made us want to gouge our eyes out after seeing way too much of everything. LOL.

I will give credit to humanity also. My wife lost her iPhone at the end of the day just before closing somewhere around the jousting show. We didn't know it was missing until we were almost to our vehicle in the parking lot. There is very poor signal out there so locating it via "find my iPhone" wasn't going to work. Someone turned it into lost and found so we got it back immediately. So in the course of about 30 minutes someone had found it and turned it in. We were fortunate there are still some honest people in the world today. :thumb:

LOL. Not the parts I posted about. Although, admittedly we could have avoided part of the issues by having cash and bringing more than 2 water bottles. So that was on us 100%.

The wife and I love people watching and certainly saw more boobs than we would have anticipated. A lot of barely there costumes but most were very well done. There was a small percentage of individuals that made us want to gouge our eyes out after seeing way too much of everything. LOL.

I will give credit to humanity also. My wife lost her iPhone at the end of the day just before closing somewhere around the jousting show. We didn't know it was missing until we were almost to our vehicle in the parking lot. There is very poor signal out there so locating it via "find my iPhone" wasn't going to work. Someone turned it into lost and found so we got it back immediately. So in the course of about 30 minutes someone had found it and turned it in. We were fortunate there are still some honest people in the world today. :thumb:
We also kinda live in a world we no one really gives a fudge about finding cell phones any more. They're just so common place. Also, the cost, time, and patience it takes to be at the ren fest leads me to believe that nearly everyone there couldn't care less about something they probably can all afford on their own nowadays.

We also kinda live in a world we no one really gives a fudge about finding cell phones any more. They're just so common place. Also, the cost, time, and patience it takes to be at the ren fest leads me to believe that nearly everyone there couldn't care less about something they probably can all afford on their own nowadays.
Yep and they could have just left it where ever or tossed in a trash can BUT instead they took the time to get it to lost and found within 30 minutes of us losing it. So it's the effort to give us every chance to get it back that I'm acknowledging.

I sometimes hit the Atlanta one, because I enjoy the shows. I discovered that Charlotte has the same series of shows and such in October. This is now my preferred spot to travel if I have a hankerin' for ye old renfaire, turn it into a little weekend vacay and have a nice time in cooler temps.

Never been sweated about my concealed carry in either venue.

Back
Top Bottom