Gainesville, GA Passed Long range Gun's in schools

haha ya maybe

im not against this thing, mostly because if i had children i wouldnt send them to public school anyhow (not due to safety but more because i believe public education only makes stupid more prevalent)

Agreed, if I had children and the means to provide school they wouldnt step foot in one

bank robbers generally plan on getting away, crazed mass murderers usually kill themselves

again, this is bolstering to give off the allusion of safety

Definitely agree with your statement. Perhaps the thought of not succeeding in thier attempt to mass murder could deter them? I don't know...

The reality is most of these "active shooter" events have happen so fast that the officer needs to (hopefully) be trained to not run to the other side of the school to obtain his "long-range rifle" (whatever the heck that phrase was supposed to mean), before confronting a shooter. Having a rifle in a safe may sound like a great idea, but it better not be a crutch that allows precious time to be wasted while an AS is in the process of killing. He should be running to sound of gunfire the second he detects it and engaging "it" with the weapon he is most likely the most familiar with, and that would be the one on his duty belt. Hopefully that is their department TTP.

I think* the last two events combined, from first shot to suicide were less than 12 minutes combined.

Other than that fine idea IMO.

Last edited:
The reality is most of these "active shooter" events have happen so fast that the officer needs to (hopefully) be trained to not run to the other side of the school to obtain his "long-range rifle" (whatever the heck that phrase was supposed to mean), before confronting a shooter. Having a rifle in a safe may sound like a great idea, but it better not be a crutch that allows precious time to be wasted while an AS is in the process of killing. He should be running to sound of gunfire the second he detects it and engaging "it" with the weapon he is most likely the most familiar with, and that would be the one on his duty belt. Hopefully that is their department TTP.

I think the last two events combined, from first shot to suicide were lass than 12 minutes.

god point

i mean, how useful really is an ar15 when you are potentially fighting from classroom to classroom?

plus with a .223 you have to worry about the bullet traveling past its target

What do y'all think about this. I'm kinda seeing a mess in the future. Read it and see if anyone else feels the same way.

"Gainesville school resource officers will soon have access to long-range rifles at the high school and middle school levels.
The proposed gun, a Colt 6920 M4 carbine, would be kept inside a safe, accessible only by the school resource officer using biometric technology. Further, the rifle would never be on campus if the resource officer was not there; it would be locked in his vehicle."

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/92974/

All he has do then is get the bad guy to cooperate and give him a few minutes to get to the safe and get it out and come back...makes perfect politicallly correct sense...

god point

i mean, how useful really is an ar15 when you are potentially fighting from classroom to classroom?

plus with a .223 you have to worry about the bullet traveling past its target
now that is a valid point.

DoD just needs to equip the SROs with a railgun. no travel.... and you make an example of the bad guy to the children. after its all said and done the officer can say "whatd we learn here kids" don't start no ****, wont be no ****.

Ive been on a railgun kick lately

I think the last two events combined, from first shot to suicide were lass than 12 minutes.

I agree with the distance issue, grounds are to big to leave stationary. m4 just isn't right for this job. pistol grip m4 w folding stock benelli. he has glock if he needs anything over 15 yds and lets face it, hes not gonna get to snipe if he ever needs rifle. like you said, its close quarters and he already has training with 40 cal

Back
Top Bottom