• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gander Mountain closings (threads merged)

Closing....

Georgia – Augusta, McDonough, Snellville

145 Mason McKnight Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30907
1970 Jonesboro Rd, McDonough, GA 30253
1200 Scenic Hwy, Ste G, Lawrenceville, GA 30045 (Snellville store)

I stopped by the GM in Opelika, AL today. There was only two other customers in the store, besides me. Academy, on the other hand, was packed, 30+ customers.

They weren't on the list for the first round. Augusta, McDonough, and snellville for now.

Any news on the Albany store? Is there a list of stores closing?

Am curious to know if there will be any firearm markdowns. They hold for dear life to that MSRP and offer yard sale trade prices. I go in about once per year but have only bought one item in the 3-4 years they've been here. My neighbor works there and bought a new G19 for $300- he's the only person I know who really got a deal.

Had the same thing happen in Snellville. Three workers helping the same customer and chewing the fat while myself and another 2 customers were at the counter. Wasn't until a disabled customer on a scooter yelled out "is there anyone ****ing working in here" did the three stooges eventually split. I gave up, grabbed a box of slugs and was approached by the manager as I was leaving and I told her about her staff. She walked over to them immediately after that conversation.

I like stores like GM because you can see and play with something before you buy it online. And occasionally they have something you need immediately or on sale. I suppose I'm one of the minority to not hate to see some of them close.

In Albany, that holds true- GM is the only place to see and hold lots of guns before placing an online order with another company. If they were competitive, I would buy there.

retail is tough guys , you dont realize how much costs go into the business.

I've worked with retailers since 1980. I know exactly what it takes to 'go into the business' and I know exactly what it takes to be a.) competitive, (especially in an 'e-commerce' world) and b.) attract and retain customers. Gamble Mountain's management does not.

I got some really good deals off their web site, but that's about all I can say about them. Never bothered with the stores.

Any news on the Albany store? Is there a list of stores closing?

Am curious to know if there will be any firearm markdowns. They hold for dear life to that MSRP and offer yard sale trade prices. I go in about once per year but have only bought one item in the 3-4 years they've been here. My neighbor works there and bought a new G19 for $300- he's the only person I know who really got a deal.
They survived the first cut, but I don't know if any of them will survive all the way to the end.

Chapter 13 bankruptcy. As a part of their reorganization plan they will close the Snellville, GA store. While I hate to see Snellville lose those jobs, I will not miss Gander Mtn. Maybe Krispy Kreme will open a Super Store in its place.

Back
Top Bottom