• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

Power stayed on, just flickered a bit, but a neighbor’s tree came down & blocked the road for a bit. Cobb FD made quick work of it.

Question about non-inverter gennies:

Is a whole house surge protector enough to handle the surges, or how are you all handling that aspect?
My WHSP literally took a direct lightning strike with no damage inside the house. Meter shot out of the meter box a good 5 yards. Worth its weight in gold IMO.

Now I'm really bummed. It rained so much that Tiny Turtle got washed out of his fountain in the front of the house.
I've been looking for him all morning but apparently he surfed his little turtle butt right out of the neighborhood.
Cowabunga dude!

Plugged in the generator and ran it from 6PM Sunday until 12PM today when the power was restored. Started right up and ran flawlessly. Battery trickle charger and non ethanol gas are the key along with occasionally starting it when it is not needed. I would like to again thank NWSharpshooter NWSharpshooter for the post about the HD sale on the Ford generator and to 10thmountain 10thmountain for starting this thread; otherwise I may have been in the dark! They inspired me to be more prepared during outages.

Haven’t had to crank mine in two years, since I moved farther South. Also haven’t wired in my transfer panel. No ice, underground utilities. Need to stop being lazy, build a covered stand to get it up a couple feet off the ground, get the panel wired, test run it, and stock up on fuel before a hurricane bites me on the ass.

Anyone here used a aftermarket multi fuel kit on a Geny? I have a Honda eu3000is and a Briggs 4650 and was thinking of doing a multi fuel kit on both because I have a good bit of propane stashed and its shelf life is so long. Found one for the Honda but not the Briggs yet. I figured I can just machine my own intake plate if need be. What says all y’all ODT folks!?

Attachments

• IMG_4424.jpeg
    IMG_4424.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4425.jpeg
    IMG_4425.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4426.jpeg
    IMG_4426.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom