• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Georgia Weapons License Potential Denial

FIREFIGHTER769

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
So, I finally went and applied for my GWL a couple of weeks ago, I got a letter in the mail today that says I could potentially be ineligible to receive a license even if I am not prohibited due to : The court has concerns about your criminal history.

The only thing I have ever been convicted of was Disorderly Conduct (2007 - I was young, dumb and fresh out of USMC basic training.) I did my probation and paid the fine.
and possession of a fake ID (2008) - I had a drivers license that had been altered (to reflect that I was over 21 to drink - I know, stupid) Paid the fine.

Other than those 2 things I dont have anything that could deny me. Unless having 9 speeding tickets on your 7 year MVR has anything to do with it.

It says that I can request a hearing. Am I wasting my time? Should I go?

So, I finally went and applied for my GWL a couple of weeks ago, I got a letter in the mail today that says I could potentially be ineligible to receive a license even if I am not prohibited due to : The court has concerns about your criminal history.

The only thing I have ever been convicted of was Disorderly Conduct (2007 - I was young, dumb and fresh out of USMC basic training.) I did my probation and paid the fine.
and possession of a fake ID (2008) - I had a drivers license that had been altered (to reflect that I was over 21 to drink - I know, stupid) Paid the fine.

Other than those 2 things I dont have anything that could deny me. Unless having 9 speeding tickets on your 7 year MVR has anything to do with it.

So let me get this straight, they'll let you go in to burning houses and save people, fight for the Marines but you cannot carry a Keltec in your pocket because you got caught doing what every one of us here probably did in the past???

Sounds about right.

I would fight with everything you got. Do not let them deny you. Have your Chief go to the hearing with you.

You might be SOL but if it's important to you, I would fight it or at least pursue it further.
Semper Fi brother!

Call a LAWYER!!!!

Can you convince the Probate Judge that you are a man of good moral character? Two fairly recent problems plus a bunch of tickets raised the red flag I'm sure...

Probably a generic letter that goes out to anyone that warrants further investigation. Call the probate office and speak to a clerk. Many times these things can be clarified quickly...

I had this issue raised about an old Arrest. I called the Probate judge on the phone and let his staff know I was found not guilty, I assume he checked up on it, and a week later my GWL was in my mail box.
I think they do a quick public records search and any arrest triggers the response. Request the hearing and state your case in a respectful manner.
Good luck on this, I don't see a reasonable judge going against you for a couple things like that.

Back
Top Bottom