• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get home pack. What do you have in it?

Just because you have everything you might need for any SHTF situation doesn't mean it all has to go with you. Depending on what the situation is, you might be able to leave some of it behind.
Exactly, my bag is a "Car bag" . If I have to hoof it I will adjust accordingly and only pack what I need for the trip.

6 packs of bug wipes and 2 bottles of sunscreen certainty comes in handy at sporting events, not needed for a 3 day hike home.

I'm sort of the opinion that I'd rather have it in my vehicle and make the decision of what to add or subtract on the quick fly.

My core GHB has my 72 hour prep w/ Med bag attached.
G17 w/4 mags and Keltec Sub2K folder share G17 mags and have 4 33 rounders at the ready in the pack.
My GHB weighs in at 19 pounds Minus firearms, mags and ammo.

Anything outside of my GHB is in my car for the taking if I need It.

I'm sort of the opinion that I'd rather have it in my vehicle and make the decision of what to add or subtract on the quick fly.

My core GHB has my 72 hour prep w/ Med bag attached.
G17 w/4 mags and Keltec Sub2K folder share G17 mags and have 4 33 rounders at the ready in the pack.
My GHB weighs in at 19 pounds Minus firearms, mags and ammo.

Anything outside of my GHB is in my car for the taking if I need It.
I take the same basic approach, but I keep everything in the GHB and then will take out what I don't need.

what brand? Make? Where did you get that?
It is a glock bag. They are 79.99 I think. I am thinking I need a bag that my sbr will fit in though. I may make this bag my gopro camera bag. Glock sent it with my glock stocking dealer order. I kept it instead of selling it. ;)

One thing I don't think has been mentioned... Cash... Doubt a debit/charge card would be much use, money may not either but it doesn't add much weight. Same for a few 1/10th oz. gold eagles.

Update.. Just inventorying, found I've got a lightweight 8 Power monocular in bag. Might come in handy for checking route ahead.

Thumb drive with copy of SS, Birth Certificates, diplomas, training, certifications, topo maps, critical infrastructure, railway maps and health information and photos. Won't matter with an EMP but it's good to have multiple thumb drives. You never know if a GHB is going to turn into a never going home bag.

Thumb drive with copy of SS, Birth Certificates, diplomas, training, certifications, topo maps, critical infrastructure, railway maps and health information and photos. Won't matter with an EMP but it's good to have multiple thumb drives. You never know if a GHB is going to turn into a never going home bag.

Not a bad idea, and very little weight.

Good idea. Had never thought of that. Just need to make damn sure no one gets hold of it.

Back
Top Bottom