• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get your Eotech refunds here if you want one

I'm sure they had no idea so many people would return optics that they were happy with for years based on some poor data testing. The military units who got the safety of use message that started this whole thing have not even ceased using the sights. That should tell you everything you need to know. Most people just used the opportunity to trade in an old sight they have had for years to get cash, period. Because not once before the safety of use message from CRANE can you find online anywhere of a consumer complaining of "thermal drift." Welcome the age of the internet.

The only reason I sent mine back was I wanted the battery life the Aimpoints offer. With that said i loved my 512 and my refund was $465, I didn't try to rape them for a price i didn't pay.

My hat is off to Eotech and how they handled this. From what I've read about it, they screwed up initially internally. But it looks like they made a business decision to get ahead of potential lawsuits, and IMHO they've done an outstanding job of turning it around. As someone who has never owned an Eotech, I'd certainly consider buying one in the future.

I'm sure they had no idea so many people would return optics that they were happy with for years based on some poor data testing. The military units who got the safety of use message that started this whole thing have not even ceased using the sights. That should tell you everything you need to know. Most people just used the opportunity to trade in an old sight they have had for years to get cash, period. Because not once before the safety of use message from CRANE can you find online anywhere of a consumer complaining of "thermal drift." Welcome the age of the internet.
Been using my 512 for years without issues plus I like the large viewing area for my SBR, so I see no need to return it. Great job by Eotech for standing behind their product though.

yeah I understand that and agree, but you would think they would have been better equipped to handle the load as they knew what was coming, that's all I am saying
Better equipped to deal with thousands of people sending in their sights, I think the wait was just fine. Some people are never happy, even screwing over a company willing to give back more money then what most paid for... smh

Wonder when they'll be selling the refurbs

Cashed, money in hand and looking for another sighting system. Might consider Eotech if the bugs have been worked out. I'm a fan of the Viper Vortex 1x4 PST scope and have two on a 5.56 and a dedicated .22LR. Looking at both the Aimpoint and Trijicon optics.

Just need one more for my iron sighted RRA, not sure what to do?

Back
Top Bottom