• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 43 vs p365 (anyone switch?)

Welp...gun was flawless through ~2150 rounds but from round 2150-2350 (last 200 rounds) I have had 4 failures. Guess this would qualify as failure to extract/double feed. After the first failure, I replaced the recoil spring assembly. Even though I couldn't see how that would be the issue, I already had one on hand knowing 2500 rounds was near. Had 3 more of the same failure after replacement of the RSA. Extractor looks perfectly fine to me and the spent cases fall right out of the chamber with no problem. New extractor is a $17 part, I guess I could give it a try. Any other ideas?
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190913174154692_COVER.jpg
IMG_20190913_165439.jpg
IMG_20190913_165518.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190913165524936_COVER.jpg
IMG_20190913_165847.jpg

Try different ammo before swapping out parts... I had a bad batch of WWB recently... I always try different ammo, before declaring a parts problem and start swapping out parts...

New extractor came in and when I went to change it...I noticed a few differences. Looks like Sig is at it again. I have no idea if this running change means the one I was sent was an older extractor than the one in my gun, or if this is some new design. Judging by the looks of the two, I would say this "new" extractor is a new design since it is a bit more intricate but I do not know. My original extractor is on the Left/Top, the replacement is on the right/bottom.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190920091552340_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190920091616941_COVER.jpg

The issue is, this "new" extractor does not fit properly in my slide. So either a running change was made and they milled the slide out differently, or my original extractor is the newer design. I called Sig to check and gave them the part number and the response was "we have running changes from time to time but the part numbers remain the same." Genius.

I cleaned my extractor up, although I found nothing wrong visually and reinstalled with a drop of oil. Gun is still failing to extract about 1 in every 20 rounds (I ran another 150 through it today). I would send the gun in, but I don't want it to come back without the XL frame. Guess Ill try to order another extractor and "hope" I get the correct one for my build date.

Sucks to have an uber reliable gun start to have failures. Even if/when they get fixed, I know it will always be in the back of my mind. Its predecessor, my Gen 1 S&W Shield went bang over 6,000 times without a single hiccup. I love this little 365 so much, I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt until we get this figured it out. While the marriage isn't over it certainly has spoiled the honeymoon.

With shield arms finally releasing the 15 round flush mags for the 43x, that got me interested in the 43x since I run the extensions on my 43 making my 43 about the same size frame as a 43x. Now with 15 round options in a flush fit...I am in! I recently acquired a 43x frame and had it cerekoted for something different. Now, just waiting on my talon rubber grips and tier 1 elite axis slim holster (their newest design) to come in the mail. I love the feel of talon grips on any pistol. Definitely an enhancement imo

B6218AF8-DAAD-4A37-9809-34230886B1E7.jpeg

ETS also has mags available October 7th for the 43x. 20 rounders. I’m all about that capacity with a smaller shootable pistol than say a g19/17. This frame feels great and recoil impulse is great as well.

With shield arms finally releasing the 15 round flush mags for the 43x, that got me interested in the 43x since I run the extensions on my 43 making my 43 about the same size frame as a 43x. Now with 15 round options in a flush fit...I am in! I recently acquired a 43x frame and had it cerekoted for something different. Now, just waiting on my talon rubber grips and tier 1 elite axis slim holster (their newest design) to come in the mail. I love the feel of talon grips on any pistol. Definitely an enhancement imo

View attachment 2289437

ETS also has mags available October 7th for the 43x. 20 rounders. I’m all about that capacity with a smaller shootable pistol than say a g19/17. This frame feels great and recoil impulse is great as well.
15 round flush fit is quite appealing. The 48 I would be more interested in if I didn't mind the Glock 22 degree grip angle. I hope those ETS mags turn out to be reliable for you guys because that's an sweet gun.
I'm invested in 12 mags right now at $30 each and 5 holsters so I'm going to hold strong for a while and get this 365 figured out and in still shoot it better than anything I've touched. Plus...when I found out about the 365 SAS a couple months ago, I also heard about another upcoming 365 variant that has me itching and I think will be my favorite of the platform.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

15 round flush fit is quite appealing. The 48 I would be more interested in if I didn't mind the Glock 22 degree grip angle. I hope those ETS mags turn out to be reliable for you guys because that's an sweet gun.
I'm invested in 12 mags right now at $30 each and 5 holsters so I'm going to hold strong for a while and get this 365 figured out and in still shoot it better than anything I've touched. Plus...when I found out about the 365 SAS a couple months ago, I also heard about another upcoming 365 variant that has me itching and I think will be my favorite of the platform.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So what’s the newest 365 variant?

Back
Top Bottom