• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 43 vs p365 (anyone switch?)

I sold my 43 a few years ago to have some extra money for a down payment on our house. I was walking around in Barrow's yesterday while on lunch and I made the mistake of finally fondling a 365. Needless to say, I put a nice down payment on her and she'll be mine in a few paydays.

New extractor came in and when I went to change it...I noticed a few differences. Looks like Sig is at it again. I have no idea if this running change means the one I was sent was an older extractor than the one in my gun, or if this is some new design. Judging by the looks of the two, I would say this "new" extractor is a new design since it is a bit more intricate but I do not know. My original extractor is on the Left/Top, the replacement is on the right/bottom.
View attachment 2289196 View attachment 2289197
The issue is, this "new" extractor does not fit properly in my slide. So either a running change was made and they milled the slide out differently, or my original extractor is the newer design. I called Sig to check and gave them the part number and the response was "we have running changes from time to time but the part numbers remain the same." Genius.

I cleaned my extractor up, although I found nothing wrong visually and reinstalled with a drop of oil. Gun is still failing to extract about 1 in every 20 rounds (I ran another 150 through it today). I would send the gun in, but I don't want it to come back without the XL frame. Guess Ill try to order another extractor and "hope" I get the correct one for my build date.

Sucks to have an uber reliable gun start to have failures. Even if/when they get fixed, I know it will always be in the back of my mind. Its predecessor, my Gen 1 S&W Shield went bang over 6,000 times without a single hiccup. I love this little 365 so much, I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt until we get this figured it out. While the marriage isn't over it certainly has spoiled the honeymoon.

After several back and forths with Sig, where they weren't being very forthcoming with information, they finally confirmed that indeed the new extractor I received is the latest design and "should" fit with no modification. I went to attempt to do the install again and no matter how you angle or try to line up the extractor to the hole, it would not clear so that the pin can be inserted. Not even with no spring/plunger. Either the part or my slide is out of spec, so I just sent the gun back. Sig CS is claiming 1 week turnaround, so I guess we will find out. Hope it comes back with my XL grip module and my glass like trigger....

After several back and forths with Sig, where they weren't being very forthcoming with information, they finally confirmed that indeed the new extractor I received is the latest design and "should" fit with no modification. I went to attempt to do the install again and no matter how you angle or try to line up the extractor to the hole, it would not clear so that the pin can be inserted. Not even with no spring/plunger. Either the part or my slide is out of spec, so I just sent the gun back. Sig CS is claiming 1 week turnaround, so I guess we will find out. Hope it comes back with my XL grip module and my glass like trigger....

Never fun to have to send a gun out

4608B1FB-B72D-4900-A6D2-266A53F1C120.jpeg

So my new tier 1 axis elite holster arrived today and nestled in it is the 43x with talon grips. Amazingly well thought out design for aiwb carry from tier1 with this one and sharp looking. Now just awaiting the shield arm 15 rnd mags and the +5 extensions that are on order. Makes for a sweet and compact carry set up.

Back
Top Bottom