• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 43 vs p365 (anyone switch?)

The third revision production date is June 2018. And why should we wait for the the third revisions for any firearm??? Glock G43 never went thru any revisions. And where did you get the Sept 2018 date? The 3rd and final revisions came out in June. What came out in Sept??? With the 3rd revisions Sig is basically saying we are done revising. If and when you have a problem just send it in.
I never suggested you should wait. If you read my post, you will see where I say "No, it should not be this way." You should run whatever makes YOU comfortable whether that's a Glock or a slingshot.

Yeah, I totally get that. I do a lot of dry fire drills from concealment and having done so much of it with glocks (19 and 43). When I try it with a sig, I do have to fish around for sight.
Shield was same way, you can unlearn it, but yes, you have to want to and it will take some time but not as long as you think. Luckily it takes no ammo to unlearn. Making the change is doable, however constantly swapping back and forth between the two is not, unless you are ok with your press out sometimes not being perfect which I assume you would not be.

Shield was same way, you can unlearn it, but yes, you have to want to and it will take some time but not as long as you think. Luckily it takes no ammo to unlearn. Making the change is doable, however constantly swapping back and forth between the two is not, unless you are ok with your press out sometimes not being perfect which I assume you would not be.

The way I am wired, my compact has to match my micro. Glock 19 and glock 43 for example. So if I went 365 I’d have to go 320 x I guess haha. Im not ready to part with my 19 anytime soon for sure. Too much invested in time and training tools (for glock specific) for that

The way I am wired, my compact has to match my micro. Glock 19 and glock 43 for example. So if I went 365 I’d have to go 320 x I guess haha. It ready to part with my 19 for sure. Too much invested in time and training tools (for glock specific) for that
Yeap, you are screwed. I don't even think the P320 has the same angle, it doesn't to me but it could just be hand mechanics. The PPQ is spot on with the P365 (in my hands), but you don't see people going from Glock to Walther. I think the change from Shield to P365 was not that big of a difference in grip angle like it was from the G43. I don't have a micro to fullsize issue because I almost never carry a full size (P10C).
IMG_20190411_170104 (1).jpg

Yeap, you are screwed. I don't even think the P320 has the same angle, it doesn't to me but it could just be hand mechanics. The PPQ is spot on with the P365 (in my hands), but you don't see people going from Glock to Walther. I think the change from Shield to P365 was not that big of a difference in grip angle like it was from the G43. I don't have a micro to fullsize issue because I almost never carry a full size (P10C).
View attachment 2130404
I had to look at the Shield a few times. The stippling pattern reminded me of the taurus grip texture. Once I saw it I couldnt unsee it. I think the reason I prefer my 43 over my shield is only due to grip angle.

I had to look at the Shield a few times. The stippling pattern reminded me of the taurus grip texture. Once I saw it I couldnt unsee it. I think the reason I prefer my 43 over my shield is only due to grip angle.
FLT LLC did the stippling, he does a great job. The only thing that ever bothered me about the Shield was how the grip felt bladed, narrow front to back, it wants twist a bit. FLT tried to flatten that out for me during the stippling process. The 365 does not have that bladed feel which I really like. I also think the factory stippling is perfect for IWB carry which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom