• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Carbine

Glock doesn't care about fanboys, they care about the LE and military market. That's where they make their money.

No LE agency would buy a 9mm PCC from them, since they have all switched to 'patrol rifles'.

And who would buy a Glock AR? Some agencies maybe, if they got the right discount, but in general they have probably already gotten their ARs someplace else.

And add in the fact that these would be completely non-standard rifles? I don't see any bureaucracy doing down that road.

You obviously have never been in LE before. I can’t count how many times I have seen bureaucrats at an agency buy equipment for their folks to use that left the grunts pissed off and scratching their heads. Anyone here from the old Cobb Co PD SWAT care to share stories of the HK G36 fiasco?

Glock plays dirty just like every gun manufacturer. They will offer all kinds of incentives and under-the-table deals to get the brass to adopt their stuff. Most higher ups aren’t gun guys. They will readily think, “If Glock handguns serve us well, then a Glock carbine is the way to go!”

Added to this is Glock’s willingness to take in an agency’s old guns for credit towards new guns. “Chief, you’ve got these old AR’s you’ve had for years, we’ll give you $XXXX for each one towards a brand new Glock carbine in 5.56!”

Civilian sales are an enormous part of Glock’s bottom line. Ask any gun shop around nation what their number one selling handgun is. Most will reply “Glock”.

Folks talked smack about FN coming out with a non-AR carbine, but they seem to be selling very well on the civilian market, despite FN’s primary focus on military/LE. FN doesn’t have anywhere close to Glock’s percentage of civilian or LE sales.

Back
Top Bottom