• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock fanboys cannot get over losing to SIG!

The Request for Bids document was written around a Sig. It might as well have said Sig only. I can see where modularity means something to the military. It doesn't mean squat to me.

Doesnt mean much to me yet. Since poly guns and now modularity are present and future, It would be nice to build a custom gun from parts at a non custom price. Pick a grip, slide, caliber, trigger assembly and leave the store with exactly what you want no mods needed. I think that future is probably pretty close.

Double stack Sigs have always felt fat and bulgy in the grip area to me. It feels like I'm shooting a tennis ball. The single stacks are great, though. I would like to snag a p220 in .45 someday....

Yes there is a flip side to the coin. I heckle and troll Glock haters too. They are almost as fun...Almost! LOL

I somewhat agree with you, but i shoot my sig 226 well. It does feel abit big in my hands, and i have large hands. I recently purchased a g21, and it feels better in my hands, but haven't shot it yet.

Reactions: MRH
It was not about the better gun. It was about the chassis in the SIG and Glock not willing to license the same chassis for their use. I talked to a friend at Pictanny about it. It is typical of how the government operates. Not really the best for our troops but the easiest for management to deal with.

This seems to be the case in most industries.

Yeah I'm a both guy too and while I carry a Glock, own sigs, carried the M9, I have faith the army picked a damn fine handgun that for sure is light years ahead of what it is replacing and pray it serves our boys and girls well! I'm a gun fan boy

I somewhat agree with you, but i shoot my sig 226 well. It does feel abit big in my hands, and i have large hands. I recently purchased a g21, and it feels better in my hands, but haven't shot it yet.

I love a 226. It is one of the finest handguns ever made, IMO. I can deal with larger grips, but Sigs just feel very round to me. It is awkward feeling. Just how it is for me. I really like Sig too, so it sucks for me that they feel weird in my hand.

Berettas are pretty big in the grip too, but they don't have that round feel to me, so I really like them. Not trying to bring Beretta into the equation. Just using them as an example. I do love Beretta, though.

It best to just not be a "fanboy." I love Glocks and think they are the best bang for your buck in terms of handguns but I love guns more. It's best not to have brand loyalty so you can be realistic about the products you are buying

I don't really care Glock did not get the contract. I am happy with my Glocks living in GA. Don't think folks in NH get the same customer service from Sig and their fancy, high dollar firearms. That's what's important to me.

Sold all but one each of my Kimbers and Sigs - 1yr warranty to original owner is BS. Glock has not once turned me away for warranty/upgrades and I have Gen 1 pistols.

I don't really care Glock did not get the contract. I am happy with my Glocks living in GA. Don't think folks in NH get the same customer service from Sig and their fancy, high dollar firearms. That's what's important to me.

Sold all but one each of my Kimbers and Sigs - 1yr warranty to original owner is BS. Glock has not once turned me away for warranty/upgrades and I have Gen 1 pistols.
yeah thats definitely a deal make for us noth ga folks!

Glock in 10mm and 45 are FAT. Every Glock I pick up I pull low left. I know its me but, I dont want to fix me. Hands down the best grip is on a 1911 or 220. Since I hate the back and side safety on a 1911, 220 is the way to go. Sux a bit that capacity is limited. I did have the E2 grips on a 226 for awhile but im getting use to G10s. My MP for sale feels like a 1911 and has no safety. (shameless plug)

Back
Top Bottom