• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Trigger

MrWilkey81

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
28   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or advice with changing out your Glock trigger? It looks easy enough, I'm more interested in the pro's and con's of doing so. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad? Any recommendations for brands?

Very simple to swap out anything on a Glock. Are you wanting a new trigger? New trigger bar? New Connector? New Springs? All of the above? Which part of the trigger are you wanting to replace? What are you wanting the trigger to do?

Very simple to swap out anything on a Glock. Are you wanting a new trigger? New trigger bar? New Connector? New Springs? All of the above? Which part of the trigger are you wanting to replace? What are you wanting the trigger to do?

I'm looking at some of the drop in trigger assembly's..... and maybe springs. This is for a gen 4 g30

I'm looking at some of the drop in trigger assembly's..... and maybe springs. This is for a gen 4 g30

Look at the Zev triggers kits. Some of the best out for the Glock.

You Could however save a lot of money and get a decent trigger by installing a factory smooth face trigger and installing a 3.5# Ghost connector. Polishing all the internals will help as well.

I have the Ghost 3.5# connector in my Glocks, it's all I ever needed to do to have a good trigger for competition.
I did not put it in. I had a buddy that went to the Glock armorer class do it for me.
It only took him a few minutes.

Honestly I don't think you need to do anything besides replace the connector, it's a world of difference.
3.5# is light when your adrenaline is rushing I promise you......

My first round out of the gun after swapping the connector was in a 3 gun match and I hit 3' in front of my 1st target, lol. (We swapped it out the night before the match.)
I didn't even realize how light the trigger was until that moment.

Last edited:
Did you even read the post? That's not what I'm asking, but thanks for your input anyway

I read all the others too that are talking about piecemeal replacements. I have replaced the entire module before-- but only with Glock OEM parts. I do not have experience with the aftermarket units, of which there are several.

I would expect that that is the way to go-- doing it piecemeal gets different results on different guns, due presumably to tolerance stacking.

The 3.5 lb. connector, especially the Ghost Rocket, will make a big difference. Again, though, on some guns more than others. And it still won't approach a decent 1911 trigger. With a full drop-in unit, maybe.

The farter away from stock you get the less reliable the gun will become.

Polish all the internal parts on the gun, install the 3.5# Ghost connector of your choice and be done with it.

If you are not sure what parts to polish or how to install the connector I live in Cartersville as well and would be more than happy to help you out. Could be done in less than 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom