• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Trigger

I think the drop in trigger kits change the geometry of how the trigger is pulled. If you want a shorter reset a trigger kit with the new connector bar should help. I've read about where people buy the stock trigger bar and change the pivot point, I'm kind of in your shoes, I want to try the Zev drop in kit and a few others. I saw one for sale that was $100 for just the connector bar and not sure if that's worth it, also a few $160 ones. It seems if a feller was real familiar with these he could make them out of the stock connector bars.

Edit: I don't know about changing that much or anything in a carry gun, but do whatever you want to with your gun. I know when I have changed out all the springs, connector, polish, lighter striker, the trigger gets spongy and worse, so I can't wait to try a drop in from someone just to get that short sweet reset and less take up.

Last edited:
Bring it to me. I can do anything you desire. I even got the Armor certificate on the wall. Not that it means all that much.
Ghost Evo Elite Connector, Wolff 6# Trigger Spring, some light stoning and polishing and you got as good as its gonna get with a glock. TRUST ME.

You do not need to do anything except practice, if you are trying to improve. The Glock has one of the most manageable triggers out there.

But, if you want to become a Glock perfectionist--I use a simple recipe:

Extra power trigger spring, light safety plunge spring, Glock factory 3.5 pound connector.

It is cheap and it works. I add an extra power striker spring to ensure proper ignition. Most people go the other way here with a lighter striker spring or they stick with the stock spring. I just happen to be hard headed a prefer cheap hard primers in my reloads.

Lone Wolf used to sell a trigger kit that was cheap and worked well.

I would stay away from polishing the striker, just a little too much polish and you get a gun that shoots in bursts instead of one at a time.

As 1006 said and I forgot to mention. A lighter safety plunger spring works well also. And yes, I avoid a lighter striker spring UNLESS I add a lighter striker. I have had great success in my comp guns with lighter striker spring and a lighter skeletonized striker with over 2,000-3,000 rounds fired and zero misfires. But that is a little to much $ unless its a dedicated competition gun. IMO.

For a carry gun I would stick with lighter plunger spring, 6# Wolff trigger spring, Ghost Evo Elite connector and some internal polishing. That is what I run in my EDC G4 G19 with thousands of rounds fired and maybe one-2 misfires due to me not setting primer deep enough.

Safest bet is to just shoot the snot out of the stock setup. There is no trigger setup that does better than good ole practice.

Last edited:
I have experience with both the Ghost 3.5# connectors as well as the Zev Fulcrum drop in kit. While polishing and a few spring replacements along with the connecter can make for a much better trigger, I still feel that the Zev Fulcrum drop in kit is superior (in my opinion, having shot both). Part of that is from my preference for Zev's flat faced Al trigger...much better feel on my finger than the stepped/serrated trigger that comes stock on a G19. I run the Fulcrum drop in kit with the stock plunger/spring and striker/spring and have had no issues with it whatsoever. Takes away a good bit of the take up, eliminates overtravel, crisp break, and the stock springs leave in a little added resistance/"mush" to the initial trigger pull... Using Zev's or Lightning Strike's plunger/spring and a lighter striker spring from Zev, the trigger is oh so sweet, but not as carry friendly, for my personal use in my opinion (others may prefer it and be fine with it, YMMV).

ETA: link to the kit that I have http://zevtechnologies.com/Products...er-Drop-In-Kit-1st-3rd-Gen-9mm-Blk-Red_2.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom