• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Trigger

I have experience with both the Ghost 3.5# connectors as well as the Zev Fulcrum drop in kit. While polishing and a few spring replacements along with the connecter can make for a much better trigger, I still feel that the Zev Fulcrum drop in kit is superior (in my opinion, having shot both). Part of that is from my preference for Zev's flat faced Al trigger...much better feel on my finger than the stepped/serrated trigger that comes stock on a G19. I run the Fulcrum drop in kit with the stock plunger/spring and striker/spring and have had no issues with it whatsoever. Takes away a good bit of the take up, eliminates overtravel, crisp break, and the stock springs leave in a little added resistance/"mush" to the initial trigger pull... Using Zev's or Lightning Strike's plunger/spring and a lighter striker spring from Zev, the trigger is oh so sweet, but not as carry friendly, for my personal use in my opinion (others may prefer it and be fine with it, YMMV).

ETA: link to the kit that I have http://zevtechnologies.com/Products...er-Drop-In-Kit-1st-3rd-Gen-9mm-Blk-Red_2.html
do you not need the lighter striker with that shorter striker spring installed?

www.occustomtriggers.com

Best deal on a modified glock trigger. I run the OC. trigger, a (minus) connector, 6lb trigger spring, reduced power safety plunger spring. I don't mess with the striker spring. I don't want to run the risk of getting light primer strikes.

I don't take all the pre-travel out of the trigger but the way the set screw comes fron OC is good enough. (If you take out too much pre-travel you run the risk of defeating the safety plunger).

Last edited:
Drop a zev tech trigger bar in and polish all metal contacts parts with flitz. Makes for a really nice trigger for cheap.

www.occustomtriggers.com

Best deal on a modified glock trigger. I run the OC. trigger, a (minus) connector, 6lb trigger spring, reduced power safety plunger spring. I don't mess with the striker spring. I don't want to run the risk of getting light primer strikes.

I don't take all the pre-travel out of the trigger but the way the set screw comes fron OC is good enough. (If you take out too much pre-travel you run the risk of defeating the safety plunger).
Think it compares to the other kits that have the bar? I like the Zev tech kit but I really only need the bar. Also, is it just a highly polished bar that OC sells or does it have the trigger pivot points in slightly different places?

Think it compares to the other kits that have the bar? I like the Zev tech kit but I really only need the bar. Also, is it just a highly polished bar that OC sells or does it have the trigger pivot points in slightly different places?
I prefer the OC because it's a factory trigger bar that is polished and has a set screw to take out some of the pre-travel. I don't like all the pre-travel taken out, just for safety sake. Other aftermarket ones can have reliability issues because they aren't made from OEM parts.

Last edited:
Before dumping $100 plus dollars on a trigger group, I'd suggest simply polishing the frictional surfaces, installing a minus connector and possibly installing a 6 lb. trigger return spring.

The above is reliable but does give about a 3 lb. trigger pull. For some it may be too light. You many get a few more unintentional double taps, especially if shooting from the reset.

The above is cheap and efficient and you can always spend much more money...

Before dumping $100 plus dollars on a trigger group, I'd suggest simply polishing the frictional surfaces, installing a minus connector and possibly installing a 6 lb. trigger return spring.

The above is reliable but does give about a 3 lb. trigger pull. For some it may be too light. You many get a few more unintentional double taps, especially if shooting from the reset.

The above is cheap and efficient and you can always spend much more money...
If you are referring to my set up and saying it produces a 3lb trigger pull you are off by about 1.5lbs. It's more like 4.5+lbs. Definitely not 3lbs. I could see it being close to 3lbs with a reduced power striker spring but I don't like those.

I think I'm going to save and try out one of those pyramid triggers, anyone have experience with those? Sorry if I hijacked the OP's thread.

Back
Top Bottom