• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Trigger

If you are referring to my set up and saying it produces a 3lb trigger pull you are off by about 1.5lbs. It's more like 4.5+lbs. Definitely not 3lbs. I could see it being close to 3lbs with a reduced power striker spring but I don't like those.

Yes you are correct. The "Glock" factory minus connector, standard in most G34/35 and G17L is actually about 4.5 lbs, but install a 6 lb. trigger return spring and takes closer to 4 lbs. or less.

Get a minus connector ($13.45) that gives a truer 3.5 lb. and with the 6 lb. trigger return spring ($3.00 or less) you are looking at close to 3 lbs.
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/connector-parts/3-5-connector-for-glock--prod43823.aspx

http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/RYG-33222BK4.htm

Where to polish to make it smoother without dry/firing it a thousand or so times? http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

And the guys suggesting just shoot it are correct as well. The trigger really isn't bad and ALL my carry Glocks are factory stock. They only get better-smoother with use. For carry many would claim the factory 5.5 lb. trigger is safer than a light 3.5 trigger or less. It could be a liability.

Lightening the striker spring in general is a poor idea with rare exceptions-special cases. Straying away from stock typically increases the risk of failure. We want reliable over light-weight, high speed and low drag philosophy. Most aware will support a factory Glock trigger for self defense over a modified one.

I would spend money ($17) on the minus connector first (a true 3.5 lb one-if that is your goal) then add or remove the 6 lb. trigger return spring and test it. It's cheap as hell and if you are "satisfied" then spend the rest on ammo and practice.

You're lucky to get a Glock with a 5.5lb trigger stock. Usually it is higher. I've put a trigger pull gauge on mine and with all those mods it came back at 4.5lbs. My G30 is a gen 4 so the pull is naturally heavier than most gen 3's which could explain the pull weight.

^ Brand new every Glock I have has been stiff but softened up after several hundred rounds or repeated dry firing as the new springs compress/decompress they will reduce the trigger weight and the mating frictional surfaces will "work" in.

Yours should soften up with dry firing/firing.

One of the best feeling Glock triggers I had was a Gen II G17, my first Glock that had umpteen thousand of rounds through it and I never touched the trigger group. That was until I took it in to be "serviced" by the Glock factory. It's still good, better than most but not the smooth silky pull it had from use. I won't make that mistake again.

I bought my son a gen 4 G19 (stock trigger) but I don't have any Gen 4 models. I do have an older SF model but I put a heavier striker spring in it and the stock pull did go up some but fine for it's purpose.

This fellow has noted the Gen 4's have an issue with a re-designed trigger bar and uses a Gen III to get it back to normal:

"the gen4's do often have heavier trigger breaks, my friend
glock.pro_images_smilies_smile.png

same goes for the SF model gen3's. the gen4's are simply SF models themselves.

glock changed the trigger bar slightly (for some unknown and idiotic reason lol). however, you can drop in a gen3 trigger bar, and it'll lighten it up back to normal.

the gen 4 is on the left. notice it has the little bump on the arm that engages the plunger safety. this rubs the slide during the trigger pull, and the added friction causes a heavier pull:

No pic

the gen4's also have a curved trigger spring engagement surface which serves no purpose lol:

No pic

supposedly it's to better hold onto the trigger spring. ever heard of that being an issue? i haven't lol

yeah, just drop in a gen 3 trigger bar, and you're good to go.
"

If you miss install the trigger spring with the hooks in a reversed orientation on a Gen3, it can slip off the trigger bar. --I wonder how I know.

I have heard that you can either grind the bump off the Gen4 trigger bar, or beat it down with hammer. I have never owned a Gen4.

I would consider a 1911, or CZ 75 style gun, before putting to much money into a glock. They are all great guns for the money, but a Glock will never have a better trigger than an American Made 1911, and a 1911 will never be as reliable as a factory stock Glock.

No offense intended.

--buy ammo and spend time practicing , not parts and piddling.

I bought my son a gen 4 G19 (stock trigger) but I don't have any Gen 4 models. I do have an older SF model but I put a heavier striker spring in it and the stock pull did go up some but fine for it's purpose.

This fellow has noted the Gen 4's have an issue with a re-designed trigger bar and uses a Gen III to get it back to normal:

"the gen4's do often have heavier trigger breaks, my friend

same goes for the SF model gen3's. the gen4's are simply SF models themselves.

glock changed the trigger bar slightly (for some unknown and idiotic reason lol). however, you can drop in a gen3 trigger bar, and it'll lighten it up back to normal.

the gen 4 is on the left. notice it has the little bump on the arm that engages the plunger safety. this rubs the slide during the trigger pull, and the added friction causes a heavier pull:

No pic

the gen4's also have a curved trigger spring engagement surface which serves no purpose lol:

No pic

supposedly it's to better hold onto the trigger spring. ever heard of that being an issue? i haven't lol

yeah, just drop in a gen 3 trigger bar, and you're good to go.
"
The OC trigger I use only comes in a Gen 4 flavor with the dimple.

Back
Top Bottom