Glucosamine and chondroitin

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Ok, no one despises taking medication more than me. No one. I thankfully am not and have never been on any type of long term medication. Honestly, don't think I've ever taken any prescription other than the occasional antibiotic. I'm also very skeptical of supplements.
I do take a multivitamin, krill oil, and extra C. Blood work is always good. All that to say, I avoid at all cost!
The last year my knees have started to hurt, a lot. I mean, a LOT. Not constant pain, but if I kept them bent for any period, like even just squatting down to pick something up, re-extending was absolutely brutal. Even sitting for long periods the first couple steps were not fun. Mentioned to doctor and he immediately prescribed something I never heard of before I even finished describing the issue. Never filled script.
I figured I'd try some glucosamine & chondroitin with little to lose. Bought the combo 1500/1200 tabs from Costco's in the 280 tab bottle. Dosage is two tabs. I read it can 90 days so I figured, one bottle and if it doesn't work, no big loss.
I'm about halfway through the bottle and the difference is honestly day and night!
Not sure how it works on other joint pain, but when it comes to knees, I'm a believer!
Getchu some....

Try this, it will help

Voltaren Arthritis Pain Gel is a full prescription strength non-steroidal anti-inflammatory gel. The active ingredient in it is diclofenac sodium, a NSAID that works by temporarily blocking the production of pain-signaling chemicals called prostaglandins. Voltaren Arthritis Pain Gel treats pain at the source.

It’s good stuff, if you don’t have to constantly take it.
I have had a bad run with physical ailments and pain for many years. My joints and body just do not cooperate when it comes to doing what they supposed to do. I have had breaks, deterioration, all that good stuff. But I just keep on going. I do have to take a large amount of meds though, unfortunately.
When you take that stuff all the time it doesn’t work as well.

Try this, it will help

Voltaren Arthritis Pain Gel is a full prescription strength non-steroidal anti-inflammatory gel. The active ingredient in it is diclofenac sodium, a NSAID that works by temporarily blocking the production of pain-signaling chemicals called prostaglandins. Voltaren Arthritis Pain Gel treats pain at the source.
My issue is I prefer to treat the cause rather than the symptoms. In theory that's what glucosamine and chondroitin does, treats the cause.

My issue is I prefer to treat the cause rather than the symptoms. In theory that's what glucosamine and chondroitin does, treats the cause.
Ok, but sounds like you either have bad arthritis or bone on bone which means replacements. You can do what you want, but I have been down the road with all that. Knee replacement, very close to a shoulder replacement( it's bone on bone} Arthritis in left shoulder. I get a shot in both shoulders every 3 months. If it gets bad enough, you'll do something. This stuff comes with age and depending on what you've done all your life. You can treat the cause of age. It happens. Good Luck.

I used to go to my family doctor for those things, but now I just go to Orthopedic surgeon to take x-rays to determined the cause, He generally come in and ask where is the pain at. At that point he'll have a picture of the x-ray as mine did last Friday. I got a shot in it and hope it lasts as long as the last one.
The left inside cushion on my knee was quite worn as oppose as the left side was almost normal. This is how to determine what is wrong and treatment. A Medical Doctor will prescribe some sort of arthritis medicine and generally diclofenac.

Ok, no one despises taking medication more than me. No one. I thankfully am not and have never been on any type of long term medication. Honestly, don't think I've ever taken any prescription other than the occasional antibiotic. I'm also very skeptical of supplements.
I do take a multivitamin, krill oil, and extra C. Blood work is always good. All that to say, I avoid at all cost!
The last year my knees have started to hurt, a lot. I mean, a LOT. Not constant pain, but if I kept them bent for any period, like even just squatting down to pick something up, re-extending was absolutely brutal. Even sitting for long periods the first couple steps were not fun. Mentioned to doctor and he immediately prescribed something I never heard of before I even finished describing the issue. Never filled script.
I figured I'd try some glucosamine & chondroitin with little to lose. Bought the combo 1500/1200 tabs from Sam's in the 280 tab bottle. Dosage is two tabs. I read it can 90 days so I figured, one bottle and if it doesn't work, no big loss.
I'm about halfway through the bottle and the difference is honestly day and night!
Not sure how it works on other joint pain, but when it comes to knees, I'm a believer!
Getchu some....

Just hate how big those damn pills are. Like trying to swallow half a grape whole lol.

Back
Top Bottom