• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elevated testosterone levels and THC (Delta 8 or 9) use?

I have no idea what a Delta 8 or a Delta 9 is, BUT I feel that I could use a little shot of testosterone.

A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and along with radiation part of the treatment was a hormone shot, which I got one year ago tomorrow (12/19/22). Doctor said it was necessary to "fight" the level of testosterone. When the nurse gave me the shot, she said something along the lines of "Welcome to womanhood" which I did not understand until I started having full-fledged hot flashes. I asked my urologist what was going on and he said they would last 6 months - he lied. The last one I had was about two hours ago. My next appointment is in February at which time they will test my testosterone level as well as the usual PSA test.
Went through it too. My urologist said I needed one every 6 months for 2 years….about 3 weeks into the first shot I told him there will be no more…the side effects were devastating. I was told that the shot lowers your testosterone dramatically, because prostate cancer feeds on testosterone…THAT stuck in my mind… my cancer came back after total prostate removal and I had to go through 37 sessions of focused radiation…holy hell! So now, anything that boosts testosterone is an absolute NoNo for me…even if it eases pain and anxiety…think I’ll stick with bourbon and beer…

Went through it too. My urologist said I needed one every 6 months for 2 years….about 3 weeks into the first shot I told him there will be no more…the side effects were devastating. I was told that the shot lowers your testosterone dramatically, because prostate cancer feeds on testosterone…THAT stuck in my mind… my cancer came back after total prostate removal and I had to go through 37 sessions of focused radiation…holy hell! So now, anything that boosts testosterone is an absolute NoNo for me…even if it eases pain and anxiety…think I’ll stick with bourbon and beer…
Yeah, I was kidding about the "shot of testosterone", my doctor told me the same thing but not the shot every six months. I felt the same way after about the same three weeks. On my last appointment I told the doc that he should take a hormone shot so he could tell the next person the truth about how long it lasts.

Interesting, usually as we get older it drops... Hopefully they will draw PSA levels as well... Are your boobs getting bigger??

Not clinically relevant was just curious?!

IMG_7714.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom