• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GM Chevy 2500 instrument cluster repair recommendation needed

my air bags . com they are in Duluth . around 100 to repair.
I have used them for two sets 2 sets of gauges and a antilock break module. All three times were perfect. I could do it myself by watching the video from power nation.. . .it really is easy.

My 02 has been great. Other than replace a shader valve in the AC. Cost me about $2 to repair.
yep, but you need to overlook the ford and dodge guys. the fords blow up and you need to pull the heads to change the spark plugs(gas) or spend 7 grand a year,every year to bullet proof them(diesel). the dodge guys dont know about gauges,because their interiors fall out with in the first 50 thousand miles....:becky:

had an 02 duramax,put 200k on it, and i have an 05 with almost 400k on it...
check ebay, there are a few companies that will ship you a set with all new steppers in it. they will also set it to your mileage, ship your old ones back for a core.
you can also buy the stepper motors yourself and install them...

yep, but you need to overlook the ford and dodge guys. the fords blow up and you need to pull the heads to change the spark plugs(gas) or spend 7 grand a year,every year to bullet proof them(diesel). the dodge guys dont know about gauges,because their interiors fall out with in the first 50 thousand miles....:becky:

had an 02 duramax,put 200k on it, and i have an 05 with almost 400k on it...
check ebay, there are a few companies that will ship you a set with all new steppers in it. they will also set it to your mileage, ship your old ones back for a core.
you can also buy the stepper motors yourself and install them...
Yeah I have about 240000 on mine and tow a heavy race trailer weekly.

my air bags . com they are in Duluth . around 100 to repair.
Thank you. I am going to take it to them and have the blue leds installed as well.
I have had this 2003 truck for 8+ years and the instrument cluster has been my only issue. I drove to MT and back twice with no problems at all.
My 2002 Z71 Tahoe transmission went bad at 2 1/2 years and 40K miles, the warranty at the time was 3/36 and Chevy told me to pound sand because it was over 36K. The mechanic who rebuilt the transmission said that Chevy used a steel part rather than hardened steel knowing it was going to fail to save $20 per vehicle and pass on a $2000 transmission repair to their customers.
The 2003 truck has the Duramax/Allison, it has been a great truck. I bought it used. I still drive a Chevy but it will be a long time before I buy a new one again after the experience with the Tahoe.

If you're remotely mechanically inclined, buy new stepper motors and do it yourself to save some coin. I would also suggest that you make sure the LED replacements are at the vey least CANBUS so you don't have flickering show up from the minute voltage irregularities in the charging system. LED lights are very sensitive since such a small amount is needed to drive them and can burn out at an enhanced rate. I know some had bad ignition switches causing cluster problems as well but most likely it is the stepped motors themselves. 99-02 were not of the same design and usually don't have problems unless the fuel level sending unit goes bad like most have.

had mine done on my 04 at my airbags.com about 4yrs ago and had the green leds installed,the only thing that i didnt like was they dont match the odometer lights because they dont replace them.havent had any trouble since

Back
Top Bottom