• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Goals for 2016-17 Hunting Season

jaybees

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
13   1
Reaction score
Just got through reading last months issue of GON. I think it would be fantastic to end up with one of GA's Fab 40 Bucks.
Looking at the map, I think it was very telling that all of but 2-3 big bucks were taken near rivers and lakes. I have my small 30 acre private lot with a pond but its got me thinking that i need to spend more time in my local WMA along the river deep in there where no one wants to go.
Another thing I noticed was that the deer taken seemed to be evenly dispersed between the north and south of the state. For you fellers that have opportunities to hunt both, have you noticed bigger deer in the north or south? And with all factors being equal, do you chose to north or south for the all-around hunting experience?

WIN_20161019_08_33_38_Pro.jpg

We hunt on the lake in Woodbury with some nice deer. My biggest goal is always the same, enjoying myself and distressing. Seeing and harvesting a deer is always a bonus.

Just to put some meat in the freezer and have one or two does for summer sausage...Guy up here makes some to die for, well they do die for come to think of it..If nothing else just watching the sun rise and mother nature waking up is a blessing for me.

Back
Top Bottom