• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going to see my future ex girlfriends band play tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we all have different music taste for sure. I’m 48 and if I listen to music it’s has to be classic country from Hank Sr all way up til 90s. New country is pop now. Rock I love from 60s til again 90s grunge. For metal Ike Metallica some. Pantera is as heavy as I go. Phil has greatest metal/hardcore voice to me also his group Down. Look up stone the crow song from down or hell I’ll post. But I can go from Pantera to Vern gosdin george Jones Keith Whitley back to Tool then Elvis and little Easy E throw. In lol.I’m well rounded with music. Use to dig chicks like her actually. But not. But she isn’t ugly. I just don’t like dreads. But I’ll leave a great metal song you can hear the lyrics lol.

WTF? I consider myself an eclectic listener but this may be just outside the fringe of my ability to appreciate the music. A few years ago I quit listening to anything that was too hard because I found myself white-knuckling the steering wheel and experiencing pretty frequent road rage (like within two or three miles of exiting my subdivision, LOL). I'd have to quit carrying if I listened to this on the regular! That being said, if ya dig it, then play it loud, just like it was intended to be played!!!
Psychological studies have proven over and over that heavy metal actually reduces cortisol and literally calms people down…

From the studies:

“people that listen to heavy metal think more logically and are less stressed than those who don't”​

Same. When Metallica is what comes to mind when I say Heavy Metal, you are not my people.
Yeah I don’t consider them heavy metal either. Now go back in time when their first few albums came out at the time is was considered heavy metal I guess. I just called it metal. Pantera I considered hardcore metal. Phil my all time fav metal voice. I consider Freddy mercury greatest voice of most music. Dude could do anything with his voice. My fav rock front man all time is Freaking Bon Scott. I say if look up rock n roll in dictionary you see bon holding mic with lightning around him lol

For real though guys. I knew most of yall wouldn't like the music or find her style attractive. Extreme music/looks isn't accepted by everyone and this is one of the last sites for that to happen lol. But I felt I needed to share because for me she's more than a pretty face. I discovered this band at a point in my life where I felt my lowest. I've had a good life up until that point and before then listened to metal just because I liked the energy and musicianship and just being different. Listening to Infected Rain felt like an escape. They're the only band I've ever felt that sort of connection with and for that they mean a lot to me. I got the chance to tell her that and I truly felt she cared about what I had to say and how her band had a positive impact on my life.

Regardless of hair, she has a very conventional beauty to her face. When everyone on this forum says “ew” this skit comes to mind:

Psychological studies have proven over and over that heavy metal actually reduces cortisol and literally calms people down…

From the studies:

“people that listen to heavy metal think more logically and are less stressed than those who don't”​

All I know is that listening to 70's rock has substantially reduced my stress levels when I drive, maybe it's just a mindset thing for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom