• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good .30 cal cans?

Nsegg

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
slowly getting into the market for a new can. With that being said I've been looking at the surefire 7.62 socom and the 7.62 mini socom. Anyone have expierience with either of the two? Or recommend one that you may have experience with? I it will mainly be used on either .300blk or 5.56.

Skip the Surefires.

Check out Rugged, Dead Air, Silencerco, or Griffin.

I personally like the Omega and Recce 7.

Totally agree with batoncolle. Surefire makes great cans but they generally focus more on specs that true operators really need like POI shift. They are expensive for what they offer.

Personally I'm leaning 75% to the Recce 7. Silencerco is offering $200 on their cans and the Omega and the Saker are nice but the Recce is hard to beat and comes with a mount if I'm not mistaken

I have a GA reece 7.
Love it.
Primarily sits on my 300blk SBR but will sit on my rem 700 at times.
It comes with a QD mount, a brake. The tapered Mount gives a rock solid lock up.
GA also has a lifetime warranty.
Bought mine at QRF and they even installed the mounts for me.

I have a ARC30 (Dobbs) and a Harvester762. The Harvester is very light (13oz) and has good recoil reducing properties on a bolt action. However, it is louder than the ARC30 by enough to notice. ARC30 is a beast (27oz) of a can and performs exactly like we asked Brian to design it. Both are direct thread on and will work with either 223 or 300BO. A lot depends on what type of shooting you are going to be doing. I would look at an Silencerco Omega or ARC30 if I were doing it again.

Been researching the Reece7 and really like what I've found. The surefire seems rugged to me but decibel ratings do not seem to impress. Need to stop by Dobbs, and see what that Arc30 is about

Back
Top Bottom