• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good .308 AR10 for around $1500?

Plus 1's for the M&P10 and SR762. If it were my mom I'd go with one of them or save a little more for one of the Midwest Industries 308 ARs.

The SR762 is a great gun and a DPMS LR308 is a great gun for around $700 as well. The DPMS has a lot of options for customizing. I personally own an Aero I built, two LR308s I tweaked, and a Sig 716, of those I would choose the Aero as my go to gun.

Reactions: MRH
Are you 100% sold on the 308? I went through the same thing several months back, and I just decided I didn't want to lug around a heavy 308 all the time in the woods. And I've never cared for the 308 recoil when hunting pigs where you can get multiple shot opportunities.

I started looking at the 6.8 and 6.5 Grendel, and I chose the 6.5 after shooting them side by side. Lighter weight, less recoil, it'll take any game in GA that the 308 will, and you can buy cheap Wolf ammo for plinking. All my 308s are gone except one.

If you're 100% sold on 308, then I'd look at the AP as others have suggested, or maybe an Armalite for mid range cost. I'd stay away from the DPMS, and I haven't really kept up with the PSA, but they're generally hit or miss.

Reactions: MRH
Are you 100% sold on the 308? I went through the same thing several months back, and I just decided I didn't want to lug around a heavy 308 all the time in the woods. And I've never cared for the 308 recoil when hunting pigs where you can get multiple shot opportunities.

I started looking at the 6.8 and 6.5 Grendel, and I chose the 6.5 after shooting them side by side. Lighter weight, less recoil, it'll take any game in GA that the 308 will, and you can buy cheap Wolf ammo for plinking. All my 308s are gone except one.

If you're 100% sold on 308, then I'd look at the AP as others have suggested, or maybe an Armalite for mid range cost. I'd stay away from the DPMS, and I haven't really kept up with the PSA, but they're generally hit or miss.

He's very right about the weight advantages of a 6.8 w a 16" barrel.

Back
Top Bottom