Good carry piece for girl[space...]friend

TheCampFire

Default rank <50 posts
Hunter
7   0
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So as the title leads, I am interested in hearing your opinions for my friend. She has never shot before and is about to apply for her concealed permit. I have been shooting all of my life and have a few pistols that I think she will like, but I know at the end of the day she would prefer a .308 [.380! not .308...whoops] (which I do not have any of...) I plan on having her shoot an LCP, shield, and a .38 snubbie, but other than that I don't know much for that caliber.
I carry an XD mod 2 9mm and although it is a sessy lil' piece, I know that the double stack wont be comfortable for her little hands.
I like shields because they have a thumb safety option, but I honestly don't love their triggers. As for the LCP I have never shot one so I don't know much.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Have her shoot as many guns as she can and then let her decide what she is comfortable with. And then she needs to practice some more with it.

I'm confused as to why she would consider getting a permit before shooting or even owning a gun though. You don't have to have a permit to own a gun, but yes you do to bring it out in public. She being threatened or something?

Just like EmptyMAGS says have her shoot at least 3 semi-automatics and 3 revolvers to see what she feels comfortable with, my wife has small hands and Carrys a S&W snub nose (38), and a Bersa (380) as a back up, but my wife has been shooting since she was 10yrs old.

Have her shoot as many guns as she can and then let her decide what she is comfortable with. And then she needs to practice some more with it.

I'm confused as to why she would consider getting a permit before shooting or even owning a gun though. You don't have to have a permit to own a gun, but yes you do to bring it out in public. She being threatened or something?
Did I not mention we are bounty hunters?? I'm kidding. No, she just works in Atlanta and is going to go ahead and get the process started so when she finds a handgun and becomes comfortable with it she will be ready to go to keep it on her.

My ex loved how she shot Glocks but they were to big for her to carry even the 26, big revolvers were fun for her, but little J-frames she had trouble pulling the trigger, she ended up getting a s&w shield 9mm no safety and loved it. We were together for 4 years and she had it most of that time and after we broke up she still goes to the range with it, it's always either on her belt or in her purse. Worked for her. On a side note she despised my Glock 43 I had got at the time and the Ruger LC9. Each one is different though. Girl I work with is a tiny little thing and she conceal carries and Springfield EMP 9 (compact 1911) every day. (Trying to make her my new girl ha ha)

Love my LCP because it is not gen I and I put a Hogue grip sleeve on it.

rear.jpg
front.jpg

Gen I is on the left, Gen II is on the right.

To make things even more complicated there is an LCP II.

rugerlcpii_6.jpg

But the smart thing to do is go to a range and let her shoot as many pistols as she likes. Then let her decide.

For God's sake, don't let her go around with a pistol until she is more familiar with them.

Honestly I'd recommend something with a heavier trigger pull to start with.

Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom