• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good cop.

Yep, it wasn't broke and they fixed it.....I'm not sure for who......
LP Dealers.

And, could be talking out of my ass here but.....it is NOT necessary OR the law for the "dealer" to purge or empty your tank before refilling. That's a damned scam.

LP Dealers.

And, could be talking out of my ass here but.....it is NOT necessary OR the law for the "dealer" to purge or empty your tank before refilling. That's a damned scam.
Doesn’t bother me, flat rate fill or swap tanks, all samee. Prices here vary from $18- $25 depending on convenience to the island.
If we were going purge before fill tank and charge per gallon, that’d be my last stop there.

I am 44 years old. Been driving since 16 and drove professionally for 10 years. I’ve never once run out of gas and it boggles the mind how people let this happen and happen frequently. It would make a bit of sense if you were traveling in a very remote area and weren’t prepared.

I am 44 years old. Been driving since 16 and drove professionally for 10 years. I’ve never once run out of gas and it boggles the mind how people let this happen and happen frequently. It would make a bit of sense if you were traveling in a very remote area and weren’t prepared.
…..Or stupid ! Lol

Indiana, almost got me once. I coasted into a Wally's Fillin' Station type place in a rural area and luckily they were open.

I have been a little worried on my motorcycle before. Would get lost in joy riding in the mountains and cut it close, but never had to walk it lol
I was with the wife on the Cherohala Skyway once and stopped at a scenic overlook when we ran into some motorcyclists on their shiny Harleys. They had that "we're all gathered around this bike, and if we stare at it long enough it will fix itself" kind of look. One of them was apparently almost out of gas.

For those that don't know, Cherohala is basically a big, winding, scenic hill. You go up, over, and down the other side. You have to ride the brake or downshift on the downhill side to keep under the speed limit.

I pointed out that all he really needed to do was get it out of the overlook parking lot and pointed down hill, then he could coast to the bottom of the "hill" in neutral. Once there I assured him he'd have enough gas to get it a few miles to a gas station.

The entire group of bankers, or lawyers, or doctors, or whatever looked at me as if I was some kind of genius.

Back
Top Bottom