• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good pawn shops or gun stores in Atlanta area

ebadevil

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
49   0
Reaction score
So with family out of town this weekend, I'm trying to keep myself entertained and was curious if anyone could recommend some pawn/gun stores to go and check out this weekend. Can anyone recommend some good places with a good and well priced selection of used guns? Trying to kill some time and maybe make a purchase or two in the meantime so I don't mind the drive. Anything good within an hour or so drive from Atlanta works. So... Where are the good spots at?

Is Sandy Springs any good as a range these days? I was glad to hear they reopened, but the last time I went there (pre-COVID) it was a crapfest.

The staff had no clue on how to manage things. I got there before my friends and asked to get two lanes next to each other, and the dude behind the counter said 'go ahead, if you can hold onto them'.

The old SS always had ROs on the line to keep the nonsense to a minimum. Nothing like that this time around.

And the equipment was in really bad shape. The steel ropes that held up the target holders were so loose large targets would drag on the ground when they got about halfway downrange.

I haven't been back there since (we started going to Sharpshooters instead), but I was really sad to see how my old 'home' range had gone from reborn to rundown.

Is Sandy Springs any good as a range these days? I was glad to hear they reopened, but the last time I went there (pre-COVID) it was a crapfest.

The staff had no clue on how to manage things. I got there before my friends and asked to get two lanes next to each other, and the dude behind the counter said 'go ahead, if you can hold onto them'.

The old SS always had ROs on the line to keep the nonsense to a minimum. Nothing like that this time around.

And the equipment was in really bad shape. The steel ropes that held up the target holders were so loose large targets would drag on the ground when they got about halfway downrange.

I haven't been back there since (we started going to Sharpshooters instead), but I was really sad to see how my old 'home' range had gone from reborn to rundown.
It's under new ownership and they are somewhat more serious, but definitely not ssusa level. They did just redo their lanes. I like it because they are close, I can shoot steel, membership is reasonable, and they give me decent deals on guns. They assign lanes now so no worries about someone taking yours

Stoddards in Midtown/Atlantic Station has a pretty good selection again. Either location for Range, Guns & Safes has a decent selection to look at as well. The location down by the airport (at I-75 & I-285 intersection) probably has a little bit bigger store and more inventory to look at from what I remember the last time I visited.

Stoddards in Midtown/Atlantic Station has a pretty good selection again. Either location for Range, Guns & Safes has a decent selection to look at as well. The location down by the airport (at I-75 & I-285 intersection) probably has a little bit bigger store and more inventory to look at from what I remember the last time I visited.

So I was curious about those two in general since they are so close to me. How is their used section? The reason why I ask is at this point there isn't much of anything from the "new" section that I particularly need (unless they somehow have that RIA 5.0). I was mostly looking for interesting/unique used guns at this point and those two seemed like they mostly sell new guns. But I've never been so I don't really know, it's just the vibe that I got. So that's sort of my question, how are their used sections?

So I was curious about those two in general since they are so close to me. How is their used section? The reason why I ask is at this point there isn't much of anything from the "new" section that I particularly need (unless they somehow have that RIA 5.0). I was mostly looking for interesting/unique used guns at this point and those two seemed like they mostly sell new guns. But I've never been so I don't really know, it's just the vibe that I got. So that's sort of my question, how are their used sections?

I've been to Stoddards more recently than RG&S. Stoddards, from what I remember had a decent selection of used pistols, maybe somewhere in the realm of 10-20 pieces. But that was about a month and a half ago when I last stopped in. I would just call them and see what they can tell you over the phone if you don't want to make a wasted trip.

Also, there are two pawn shops that typically carry a good selection of used pistols the last time I visited but that was roughly 2-3 years back. Moss Pawn and Arrowhead Pawn are both within a short drive of one another down off of Tara Blvd exiting off of I-75 just south of the Farmers Market. The last time I was in Arrowhead they had a ton of selection new and used but it's been a few years.

But by far, like one of the other comments said, Adventure Outdoors up in Smyrna has the biggest selection new or used by a mile. To me, they never disappoint whenever I visit.

Good luck and let us know if you swing by any of the aforementioned places.

So with family out of town this weekend, I'm trying to keep myself entertained and was curious if anyone could recommend some pawn/gun stores to go and check out this weekend. Can anyone recommend some good places with a good and well priced selection of used guns? Trying to kill some time and maybe make a purchase or two in the meantime so I don't mind the drive. Anything good within an hour or so drive from Atlanta works. So... Where are the good spots at?
One of the best is arrowhead pawn in Jonesboro they got anything tell them Joe long sent you in for a deal he's having a sell

I've been to Stoddards more recently than RG&S. Stoddards, from what I remember had a decent selection of used pistols, maybe somewhere in the realm of 10-20 pieces. But that was about a month and a half ago when I last stopped in. I would just call them and see what they can tell you over the phone if you don't want to make a wasted trip.

Also, there are two pawn shops that typically carry a good selection of used pistols the last time I visited but that was roughly 2-3 years back. Moss Pawn and Arrowhead Pawn are both within a short drive of one another down off of Tara Blvd exiting off of I-75 just south of the Farmers Market. The last time I was in Arrowhead they had a ton of selection new and used but it's been a few years.

But by far, like one of the other comments said, Adventure Outdoors up in Smyrna has the biggest selection new or used by a mile. To me, they never disappoint whenever I visit.

Good luck and let us know if you swing by any of the aforementioned places.

All in all, I'll probably skip Stoddard's (any time I can avoid driving through midtown is a win lol). But I'm definitely going to visit Moss and Arrowhead. I've been to those two a long, long time ago but back in that day I was looking exclusively for milsurp rifles and options were scarce everywhere. I'll give it another visit.

Back
Top Bottom