• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good pawn shops or gun stores in Atlanta area

Another vote for Arrowhead Pawn in Jonesboro. Huge selection of used firearm's but not the best location. Elite Pawn on the East side has a nice separate gun room and good pricing. Probably too far but Howards in Macon is also an excellent place.

If you are looking for a good range in either the Midtown or Druid Hills area I can't recommend Quickshot enough. They don't have any used guns though, except their rentals.

It's under new ownership and they are somewhat more serious, but definitely not ssusa level. They did just redo their lanes. I like it because they are close, I can shoot steel, membership is reasonable, and they give me decent deals on guns. They assign lanes now so no worries about someone taking yours

Glad to hear it. I was a member of the old range for years, and I hated to see the mess it became so soon after reopening. I'll have to try them out again next time I'm heading up that way.

So I was curious about those two in general since they are so close to me. How is their used section? The reason why I ask is at this point there isn't much of anything from the "new" section that I particularly need (unless they somehow have that RIA 5.0). I was mostly looking for interesting/unique used guns at this point and those two seemed like they mostly sell new guns. But I've never been so I don't really know, it's just the vibe that I got. So that's sort of my question, how are their used sections?
Their prices are absurd, at least at the midtown location.

If you don't absolutely have to handle the firearm, take a look at guns.com I have bought quite a few used and new firearms from them. They ship to a local FFL and you get a call about 5 days after you order to go pick up your weapon. They have good pictures and pretty good descriptions and have a ton of guns on hand.

If you are looking for a good range in either the Midtown or Druid Hills area I can't recommend Quickshot enough. They don't have any used guns though, except their rentals.

Glad to hear it. I was a member of the old range for years, and I hated to see the mess it became so soon after reopening. I'll have to try them out again next time I'm heading up that way.
The Emory location is my "home" range if I ever want to get a quick session in. I really like the place. No bull**** rules and ROs aren't overbearing asses like in so many other ranges. My favorite range in town.

Take a ride north to Jasper and hit Appalachian Gun and Pawn. Quite the selection and very nice range. Pistol range and 50 yard rifle range.
You can check out Cherokee Gun and Pawn and Big Woods Goods in Canton on the way too both nice. All within an hour or so from Atlanta.
wow, what a great idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I've probably driven by that place 200 times and to go in but whenever I'm in the area I'm always running somewhere with no time to stop. 100% that's my main plan. I'm thinking I head there in the morning, hit up those 3 places. Stop by silver dollar as was recommended and then wrap up the trip with Moss and Arrowhead.

If you don't absolutely have to handle the firearm, take a look at guns.com I have bought quite a few used and new firearms from them. They ship to a local FFL and you get a call about 5 days after you order to go pick up your weapon. They have good pictures and pretty good descriptions and have a ton of guns on hand.
I agree. I ordered with them a couple of times and had nothing but a good experience. I feel like they've overtaken GB at this point for used guns since GB is now a completely raging disaster.

Back
Top Bottom