• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got any persimmon trees?

Three of mine are about 15ft at least tall, no fruit and it is what it is...The forth was run over with a tractor 5 years ago and came back, it is 4ft..
DD, the Japanese persimmons I've planted at my cabin haven't produced a single fruit. One died. The lone little one I planted in the backyard 2 years ago nearly broke from the weight of its fruit last year. Though its far better to plant in the fall, I think if I was persimmon tree shopping in a nusery I'd buy now so I could make sure and get one with visible female blossoms.

DD, the Japanese persimmons I've planted at my cabin haven't produced a single fruit. One died. The lone little one I planted in the backyard 2 years ago nearly broke from the weight of its fruit last year. Though its far better to plant in the fall, I think if I was persimmon tree shopping in a nusery I'd buy now so I could make sure and get one with visible female blossoms.
Wish I had done that thanks! I had one that actually produced fruit the size of a large apple the second year..It caused the young tree to lay down on the ground..I pulled the fruit to save the tree, that was the only time it put out..Those persimmons were orange in color.

Wish I had done that thanks! I had one that actually produced fruit the size of a large apple the second year..It caused the young tree to lay down on the ground..I pulled the fruit to save the tree, that was the only time it put out..Those persimmons were orange in color.
Hopefully she didn't decide she was male later. ;)
Have you tried any fertilizer? Probably too late for this year but never hurts....

Here's mine. It generally produces every year. Too close to the house. Dogs won't let the deer get near it.

IMG_20180513_192823.jpg

Back
Top Bottom