Got out of the hospital today

Status
Not open for further replies.

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
Went into the hospital tuesday night for a diverticulitis attack. Those things are ferocious on the abdomen and guts. B/c of my age (35 btw) and the number of attacks I've had (4-5), the doc feels I should have surgery to remove a section of my large intestine where the attacks keep happening at. So, liquid diet for 4 days, then a low fiber diet of applesauce, cream soup, mash potatoes and the like for about a week. That IV Dilaudid ain't no joke either. trying to re-gain my strength and all at the house. Sent me home with a catheter in my arm so my wife can give me IV antibiotics at the house. Kinda sucks i can't enjoy the wonderful christmas dinner with the family. At least I get to spend time with them and all. Things could always be worse. Have a good christmas.

Dang, yeah, that's bad stuff, man. Glad you are home.

Yeah, things could be worse, but that doesn't mean they don't suck already, lol. Good luck on your recovery.

Good to hear you are on the mend. Had a good friend with the same problem a few years back. Takes a little while but hang in there brother. Merry Christmas to you and yours

My condolences to you, brother. I wouldn't wish that junk on another man...I've had a couple of bouts with it myself. Now I have learned what NOT to eat so as not to anger the Gut Gods...so I don't have the problems I did before.

Best of luck with the treatment, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom