• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GREAT AK47 DEALS

Based on the issues that I was having with mine, I did some research and found that there were several folks on AK Files having issues - some of them similar, some of them completely different. I must have gotten one of the dud rifles. When I inspected the rifle more closely, I found that the bolt carrier was cast, not forged as advertised. I could see the seams from the casting, so that was very disappointing. I called up PSA today and spent over an hour on hold (second attempt). I spoke to a nice lady who said I'd be issued a call tag and that I could send the whole rifle back. I don't know whether I am going to get the same rifle back with the correct parts, get a new rifle, or get a refund. No idea how much longer it will be until this gets resolved.

so you are trashing a rifle you've never handled because of a few facebook reviews? gotcha . . . lol. all the positive stories must be psa workers making stuff up

I know the reviewers their reputations, knowledge and builds. These are the opinions I trust. If you want to trust others who are paid to review rifles, go ahead. I've seen examples of these guns that leave a lot to be desired. But then again, as long as YOU can take your gun made with cast parts and substandard skills, to the range and fire off a mag with no hiccups, it's a resounding success? Gotcha

Based on the issues that I was having with mine, I did some research and found that there were several folks on AK Files having issues - some of them similar, some of them completely different. I must have gotten one of the dud rifles. When I inspected the rifle more closely, I found that the bolt carrier was cast, not forged as advertised. I could see the seams from the casting, so that was very disappointing. I called up PSA today and spent over an hour on hold (second attempt). I spoke to a nice lady who said I'd be issued a call tag and that I could send the whole rifle back. I don't know whether I am going to get the same rifle back with the correct parts, get a new rifle, or get a refund. No idea how much longer it will be until this gets resolved.

I'm sorry for your experience. I have to lmao at all the people claiming these guns are so great just because of a few success stories. I've seen enough complaints to be convinced the QC is lacking, not to mention some shady practices such as yours where cast parts are subbed in. As stated, it's a gamble to buy one of these sight unseen. No way I would order an AK from them given their customer service , or lack of, much less build quality

Back
Top Bottom