• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GREAT AK47 DEALS

Im hoping everything works out well with these kits and are successful. Even if the thought of an American made ak doesn't sit well with folks atleast if successful it would help drive the ak market prices down. Already seeing some of that with the Arsenal. Seems to be a lot of disdain for the Psa kits though. If you been around ak's for awhile Wasr's and the Chi-coms were considered bottom of the barrel guns, now it seems they're recommended in every "what ak should I get" post. Like reading the updates etc on the kits and looking forward to a range report.

I took mine out today and ran 150 rounds through it and not a single hiccup.
I tried mixes of ammo and 5 different magazines too.
When I was done testing the function of it I then went for how well it groups.
I was able to get 1.5in Groups at 70yards Consistent with the average group at 1 inch (5 shot groups) from a bench of course and Brass Handload ammo too.
after cleaning it up the ware marks are at a minimum on the rifle just like my Romanian Kit builds, so I would say so far the quality is there on this one.
I will continue to watch and see how this one performs but I do like this rifle.
Edit YMMV on Grouping :D

AK-OU seemed pretty high on the PSA AK. A few issues but nothing like the problems they had with a lot of other guns. At $649 that's not a bad deal, especially since 99% of folks will never beat on an AK like they do.

Missing an upper handguard spring and two screws for the butt stock. Minor stuff, but majorly annoying.
UPDATE
Almost a month later and the missing parts show up. But wait! I open the package and it has the wrong parts in it! Still no upper handguard spring, but they sent me two sets up buttplate screws, an extra buttplate, and screws for the sling attachment.

UPDATE
Almost a month later and the missing parts show up. But wait! I open the package and it has the wrong parts in it! Still no upper handguard spring, but they sent me two sets up buttplate screws, an extra buttplate, and screws for the sling attachment.

Uhhh yeah, I won't be wasting time on that company. Thanks for confirming. I hope they eventually get you the parts you need. I may have a part or two if you need something, let me know

Uhhh yeah, I won't be wasting time on that company. Thanks for confirming. I hope they eventually get you the parts you need. I may have a part or two if you need something, let me know
Right now I am only waiting on the upper handguard tension spring. Sure it's a nice looking rifle, but the whole experience has left me with such a sour taste in my mouth that I probably won't ever go back to PSA. I had so much good luck with their products in the past, so it was hard not to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Right now I am only waiting on the upper handguard tension spring. Sure it's a nice looking rifle, but the whole experience has left me with such a sour taste in my mouth that I probably won't ever go back to PSA. I had so much good luck with their products in the past, so it was hard not to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I hear ya. I owned one of their ARs and it was very accurate for an AR. Ran well. I never really abused it or ran it hard but I liked that gun. AK is just a different beast and easier to screw up so I won't be buying one of theirs

Post dates were Jan 20 and Jan 25 2017 after someone posted this same deal in a closed facebook ak site. The two guys that said it, (actually there were tons of negative posts about these psa guns) are nationally known ak builders with stellar reputations.

I can't confirm for myself because I'm not going to waste money on buying one but I would trust their conclusions over all others combined.

so you are trashing a rifle you've never handled because of a few facebook reviews? gotcha . . . lol. all the positive stories must be psa workers making stuff up

Back
Top Bottom