• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun Borrow Section

willr1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
I was thinking about this when I was finally able to shoot a SW MP-AR15-22. Had I not knew someone that allowed me to shoot it, I would not be interested in buying one, preferably from a fellow ODT'er first.

Then it hit me: Why dont we have a section where you can post or offer a gun to borrow, so if someone is in the market to buy one, can try it out first and then be able to compare it. This would eliminate people saying "It looks nice, never shot one" and then asking to shoot it prior to buying it, only to be dissapointed and walk away from a deal.

The person who has the gun can set the terms, like leave a gun of equal value with them, sign a release with copy of DL in case they dont return gun (for legal reasons), must have Itrader score of xx or be "known" on the ODT etc.

I would be willing to pony up an offer and this will also serve as a social event. You could ask to borrow a gun, meet at the range etc to try it out and get to know some other ODT'er who they would not normally would have meet. Plus, it saves the OP the "gaul" to ask some random person to shoot their gun, so if people are willing to respond, someone might get to shoot some cool guns to tryout for a few rounds and it might help a seller out one day.

What you think Odt'ers ?

my guns don't leave my sight but I would be more than willing to meet anyone that wants to shoot one (or more) of them at a range and shoot with them.

If I know you (as in met you and we are friends, sure) then I wouldnt mind, but as someone from here, I would do the same, meet them and allow them to shoot it. But again, that would be up to the "loaner"

wanted to see if enough interest would warrant a new section, or even a 'sticky" in the "wanted" section, as "want to shoot XXX gun in ...."

Sure have your lawyer draw up some documents that relieve the folks involved of any liability and it might work

i am ok with letting others shoot my guns, as long as i'm there.

there are a few people here who i would let borrow from me, but they would just ask if they wanted to shoot something of mine

Will you can shoot my cmmg 22 AR at the class, beats the Hell out of the smith

Idk, considering the price, and the fact that although mine is a dedicated 22lr, I can swap out the stock, fcg, flash hider, pistol grip etc with ar-15 parts, I'm happy with the factory set up, and would put the pink gun against any other 22 happily :)

Cash deposit and it doesn't leave my sight, as well as liability paperwork, and a legal document that says if damaged in anyway must pay x amount, if not will be sued in civil court.

Back
Top Bottom