• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun pricing

I appreciate it guys like I said been out of the firearm trading a while didn't mean to cause a ruckus learned some things about pricing...… and odt thanks again
If you had not caused a ruckus, you would not have fit in.

If you had not caused a ruckus, you would not have fit in.
tenor (1)_1529517624712.gif

Mickey6464, now that you have discovered the real "hot topic" here on ODT, you need to know a couple of things.
1) I like to use auction sites to see what price a given gun will sell. For example GunBroker, but use the completed auction area. Go to advanced, clink on completed items, put the make model of the gun your are tracking, hit search. When the information is brought up, make sure the item had a number of bids and that the item sold, not just an auction ended. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it works. Same thing on some other auctions. And all of these prices the gun sold for had to be shipped to a FFL, so there may be shipping and FFL charges added. Not fool proof, but nothing ever is.

2) It does not matter what you ask for your gun, but the price may determine how quickly it will sell. You set the price on your property. We have many who believe that you should ask them before you put a price on your property. You don't have to do that at all. There will always be whining and complaining about prices......you cannot please everyone, so do what you want to do. Most of the ones who complain the loudest, seldom buy or sell anything.

Good luck with the sale!!!

@Mickey6464, now that you have discovered the real "hot topic" here on ODT, you need to know a couple of things.
1) I like to use auction sites to see what price a given gun will sell. For example GunBroker, but use the completed auction area. Go to advanced, clink on completed items, put the make model of the gun your are tracking, hit search. When the information is brought up, make sure the item had a number of bids and that the item sold, not just an auction ended. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it works. Same thing on some other auctions. And all of these prices the gun sold for had to be shipped to a FFL, so there may be shipping and FFL charges added. Not fool proof, but nothing ever is.

2) It does not matter what you ask for your gun, but the price may determine how quickly it will sell. You set the price on your property. We have many who believe that you should ask them before you put a price on your property. You don't have to do that at all. There will always be whining and complaining about prices......you cannot please everyone, so do what you want to do.

Great sound advise from a member that I respect!

Mickey6464, now that you have discovered the real "hot topic" here on ODT, you need to know a couple of things.

2) It does not matter what you ask for your gun, but the price may determine how quickly it will sell. You set the price on your property. We have many who believe that you should ask them before you put a price on your property. You don't have to do that at all. There will always be whining and complaining about prices......you cannot please everyone, so do what you want to do. Most of the ones who complain the loudest, seldom buy or sell anything.

thank you.

Back
Top Bottom