• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun safety dvd for kids does anyone have one or a suggestion for one

Bump, I have the Eddie the eagle dvd which only teachs then what to do if they find a gun. But, I am looking for a dvd that teaches the kids firearm safety in a fun/entertaining way. If anyone knows of or has dvd please let me know the name etc. so I can buy it, or trade you something for it

I don't think a video would be an appropriate tool to teach gun safety/respect.

I think, for the most part must be hands on. Feeling the recoil. Hearing the roar, and seeing the results of the impact.

MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL! MUZZLE CONTROL!

My kids are 4 and 6, right now I drive them an hour each way to school. So, we have a lot of time to kill. If someone near jasper has some private land I can shoot on I have always wanted to show the kids the awesome destructive power of a Bullet. I bought my daughter a muddy girl Cami cricket .22 a year ago, but for liability reasons I have no where to take her shooting. I have a kids gun safety book, but it is dry as hell.

I would highly suggest taking the Hunter Safety course in-person, and find one that includes live shooting. The core of hunter's safety is gun safety, in my opinion, so your kid will benefit two-fold and walk away with a hunter safety certificate. You can log on to https://www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com/ and pick safety courses. You can search by mile radius, etc... There are hundreds going on throughout the year, and best of all, they are free!

I would highly suggest taking the Hunter Safety course in-person, and find one that includes live shooting. The core of hunter's safety is gun safety, in my opinion, so your kid will benefit two-fold and walk away with a hunter safety certificate. You can log on to https://www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com/ and pick safety courses. You can search by mile radius, etc... There are hundreds going on throughout the year, and best of all, they are free!
X2

Ranger got pissed when my 6yr old passed it. Said we was too young and could hunt by himself. Said he didn't have to but gave it to him anyways

Way to start 'em young dad!

Be sure to engage them and teach them as well. They will probably listen to you better than a dvd. And on-the-spot corrections are critical.

Range Day 009.jpg

I want to start with the basics young, and build from that foundation. I am trying to find a format that makes it fun and engaging so they can learn the basics before I take them out for their first shooting experience. I am currently living in big canoe which is really anal about any type of firework noise, so if anyone has a place I could use between jasper and Woodstock it would be much appreciated. I do want to blow up a water melon so they can see the awesome power/destruction that a guy can do, as I have heard from a lot of people that that is more effective then abstract explaninations.

Back
Top Bottom