• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season Opener Pictures

Full moon messed us up, and a trespasser first day. Great thing was I was able to hunt with my older brother first time in over 15 years and he got a small basket 6

Shot this ten pointer in Monroe Co. Sunday evening, about an hour before dark. Its the first deer I have killed in 13 years and was very exciting to walk up to and realize how big it actually was. The processor said it was a little north of 200 pounds, no wonder it was so hard to drag out...thank goodness for adrenaline. IMG_1241.jpgIMG_1251 (1).jpg

I'm on a Bow Only WMA close to my house... First I would like to give a SHOUT OUT to the guy who walked by my stand at 8:30 Saturday morning and scared the only deer around all morning, then decided his initial spot was not good enough and proceeded to make his way UNDER MY STAND before I got his attention.

I would also like to apologize to the SAME GUY for walking in on his spot around 11:45 of the same morning when I mistakenly assumed everyone was finished hunting because of the time of day. I guess I mist be doing it wrong... getting to my spot and in the tree an hour before sunrise, then getting down just before noon... my bad Sir.

On the subject of poor hunting etiquette, is it normal for someone to check you out THROUGH THEIR SCOPE? I was watching them first about 300 yards away, watched them pull up their four wheelers, and I do think I saw him check his chamber, but then they both looked at me in the stand for at least 30 seconds through their scopes. Not a good feeling.

On the subject of poor hunting etiquette, is it normal for someone to check you out THROUGH THEIR SCOPE? I was watching them first about 300 yards away, watched them pull up their four wheelers, and I do think I saw him check his chamber, but then they both looked at me in the stand for at least 30 seconds through their scopes. Not a good feeling.

Yeah, that's not cool AT ALL! Not sure where you're hunting, but maybe a short discussion about that little maneuver is in order.

Back
Top Bottom