• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season Opener Pictures

Anyone noticed the shortage of acorns..? I mentioned to a couple guys who confirmed they're seeing (or not seeing) the same thing, not many on the ground and none dropping. So much so that I have been seeing squirrels eating mushrooms in the woods.

Anyone noticed the shortage of acorns..? I mentioned to a couple guys who confirmed they're seeing (or not seeing) the same thing, not many on the ground and none dropping. So much so that I have been seeing squirrels eating mushrooms in the woods.

True in our area also .Lots of hardwoods but scarce. Saw a squirrel near me eyeing his own nuts for a moment.

Covered in Coweta/Fayette..Like walking on marbles.

Not in the area I've been hunting. The real test will be this Thursday when we go into our real honey hole. It has produced tens of thousands of White Oak acorns for the last three years in a row. I'll report back on Friday.

I have noticed a ton of squirrels this year. Many more than I have seen in years.

Saw four does and a buck sat morning, five does and two bucks sat evening, and four does sunday evening. Only had a shot at one of the does sunday evening and missed with my bow. I think I need to give up bow hunting til I figure out how to judge range better. The miss on Sunday is the fifth miss I've had this year.

Back
Top Bottom