• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season - What are you using this year? Show us your Rig!

Because politicians say I don't need it but I can. I don't want to spook the neighbors.
20151009_205332.jpg

Whoa. What do we have here?

I hate to see some of the awful mods made to battle rifles....so i thought I'd try to do one up the way I thought it should be done. Hope you like it.... I sure do!

It took me about 2 years to find a base rifle that was accurate enough to start with. I used an archangel stock, timney trigger group w/thumb safety, rock solid industries scope mount & bolt handle, barska 8-32x44 IR scope, Harris bipod, barrel cut to 23-1/2" and recrowned to 11degrees. Then I slowly hand polished the bolt,mag well, ejector/spring assy, and feed step-up. I bedded the receiver and barrel according to original mosin pe sniper specs too. I can get around 3-1/4" groups at 200 yds with modern ammo

Last edited:
I hate to see some of the awful mods made to battle rifles....thought I'd try to do one up the way I thought it should be done. Hope you like it.... I sure do!

It took me about 2 years to find a base rifle that was accurate enough to start with. I used an archangel stock, timney trigger group w/thumb safety, rock solid industries scope mount & bolt handle, barska 8-32x44 IR scope, Harris bipod, barrel cut to 23-1/2" and recrowned to 11degrees. Then I slowly hand polished the bolt,mag well, ejector/spring assy, and feed step-up. I bedded the receiver and barrel according to original mosin pe sniper specs too. I can get around 3-1/4" groups at 200 yds with modern ammo
I love it. Looks fantastic.

Hunting with a Safe Queen because the man who made these rifles didn't believe in putting them away and never using them:
1968 Ruger No1 AH Lightweight Sporter 30/06. Topped with a Leupold M8 2.5x20
View attachment 563350

I still want on one of thosee Ruger#1's soooooo bad in a 25-06 Varmint. I will pull the trigger one day. Nice rifle.

Ill be swapping between these two this year:

20150424_164938.jpg
20150831_120555.jpg

Back
Top Bottom