• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunbroker has banned the listing of bump fire stocks

If bump fire stocks are banned, and there's no Grandfathering in, if someone wants full auto, they might as well make an actual full auto. There are always unintended consequences.

You're right, you can't. What you can do is arrange it so if you're caught with one you get a federally sponsored holiday and loss of the right to even be in the same room as any gun, let alone own one.

Plenty of info out there for converting semis to full auto...........

Of course, if you're hell bent on taking over a hotel room and shooting at fish in a barrel, that federally sponsored holiday isn't relevant. Not like you'll be alive for the vacation.

I'm kind of torn on this too, for the same reasons. I feel like the people who are profiteering off of this tragedy are no better than the ones that rushed to politicize the event and push a gun control agenda. They can scream "economics" all they want, but it doesn't save them from being a**holes.
i feel like its stupid,and have made fun of the high prices..
but, if i own a car, and the manufacturer is never gonna make another, it becomes worth more. if i was 100,and when i was 20 purchased a 1911 for 70 to 100 bucks, am i an a**hole for selling it for 1000's? if i purchases a m16 in 1980 for a few hundred bucks, am i an a**hole for selling it for 40k in 1987?
as i see it now, bump fires are worth the same today as last month. but if grandfathered and banned, they are worth as much as they can be sold for. if they are going to be confiscated, i would say sell them for as much as you can get today,because they will be given up for free later... these are gonna be pre ban gun show items.. thats the place to make the money...
now,anyone have a few i can buy for about 3fiddy????

GunBroker.com Support (GunBroker)

Oct 5, 2:31 PM EDT

The Management of GunBroker.com has made the decision to no longer allow listings of Bump/Slide Fire stocks or similar items on the site. All existing listings have been removed without winning bidders. Please do not relist these items.

Thank you for your cooperation and continued support!

GunBroker.com Customer Service

GunBroker.com
The Web's Largest Hunting and Sport Shooting Auction (tm)

http://www.gunbroker.com

I remember when I got handed a brand new M16A2. After cleaning all of the gunk and goo out of it, I sat and marveled at the idea of it. Gosh, who would have ever thought that shooting an M16, in full auto mode, would just be a waste of ammunition. It sure is a good thing that the guys that make those decisions are so much smarter than us grunts.

There really is a good reason to carefully aim and squeeze off a single round. It has been said, patience is a virtue.

The Management of GunBroker.com has made the decision to no longer allow listings of Bump/Slide Fire stocks or similar items on the site. All existing listings have been removed without winning bidders. Please do not relist these items.

GunBroker.com

http://www.gunbroker.com
PROBLY JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBURG. THIS WILL BE A LIFE LONG FIGHT'

Doubt it'll do any good but my email to Sanford Bishop (NRA A-)

Message Subject: Please do not succumb to an emotional impulse on the 'bump stock' ban
Message Text:
Dear Sir, If any bill comes to the House floor that would limit or restrict ownership of a piece of plastic designed to enable the physically disabled to fire their rifles safely, please vote NO. Any law will be simply 'feel good' legislation that will not reduce crime or deter criminals and if it were to ban possession, would instantly make potential felons of tens of thousands of gun owners. I would be happy to contribute to any debate that is opened on the topic and I appreciate your previous stands for gun owners' rights to keep and bear arms as guaranteed in the Constitution of the U.S. Regards, Kyle Turner President Marion Road Gun Club Macon, Georgia

GunBroker.com

Sorry, not seeing where these are banned from listing. Anybody got a link on Gunbroker to the actual wording. I just saw 283 listings of just the slidefire brand on Gunbroker. Other makers out there that I didn't check.

IMO I don't have a problem with the flippers. They bought something that wasn't in high demand before, but it is now. The reason for the increase in demand is irrelevant. Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom