• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gussied Up 10/22 vs. Ruger Precision Rimfire vs. "Whatcha got?"

Finally got it and took it to the range. Didn’t take pictures but same hole at 25 yds no problem.

de5f9d897abd136c9368e2e4713a3a26.jpg
Great looking rifle.

Reactions: CSA
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, but I did shoot these two rifles in competition last night for the first time. The RPR I shot at 50 yards and the 10/22 I shot at 100 yards.

Three styles: bench rest, kneeling and standing. Ten shots each within 2 minutes, with possible score of 300-30X. Obviously the young guys have an advantage with the kneeling and standing positions, but I gave it a good college try and did better than expected.

With the RPR I came in a disappointing 2nd place out of 12 shooters. Wouldn't you know a thunderstorm came through about 15 minutes prior to beginning the shoot and the wind was swirling and the humidity was about 95%. This really affects the CCI Standards, I'll say that.

Bench: 99 - 7X
Stand: 92 - 1X
Kneel: 100 - 9X
Total: 291 - 17X

The winner had 297 - 20X so I wasn't far behind.

The 10/22 shooting Federal 36 gr bulk ammo fared better, taking first place out of eight shooters. Even though I was shooting at 100 yards with only a 7-power scope, I was surprised and disappointed at the same time. My bench score was surprisingly terrible, but the other two stages were better than I expected.

Bench: 94 - 3X (everything was high and I couldn't see the holes in the black paper)
Stand: 94 - 4X
Kneel: 99 - 5X
Total: 287 - 12X

The next best shooter was at 282 - 6X.

I still have more practice to do, but I sure did have fun!

NEWSFLASH:

I have a line on 2 brand new RPR's. If you know someone that's looking for one, let me know ASAP and I can get you in touch with my dealer. I "think" his price is $399 but not sure. Obviously shipping would be extra.

Back
Top Bottom