Harley riders beware of killer creek

Let me tell you Killer Creek was a good place when they first started, service was first rate.
My bike came from there and is one of the first few sold, before they even opened.
Service was awesome the first couple years.

I stopped bringing my bike there and for good reason.
When I brought it in for a 10k service I told them I had a squeak from the rear tire somewhere.
The "tech" and I use the term very loosely, over tightened the screws that connect the pulley to the wheel.
Now I ride pretty hard, less so when the wife is with me, as she was that day.

That night I pulled it into the garage and as we were pulling off our jackets, she said what's that?
Resting in the hole where the screws go to connect the pulley to the wheel was the first 1/2 inch of one of those bolts. Upon further inspection, of the 5, 3 were gone, 1 was resting in it's spot and only one was still connected. I promise you this is the truth.

How we got home that day was all on God watching over us.

It cost me like $250 or $300 best I recall to save the wheel. I had to do it because it matched the front, the pulley and both rotors.

I don't go there anymore.

Oh, I can see how they might get worried. But seeing as how you're a grown ass man and have been known to do that every now & then, maybe they should expect that once in a while. Hell, just give em' a quick call and say "Catch yall later, I'm headed to where the women in bikinis are." Lol!

And the Mezcal flows freely. :thumb::very_drunk::thumb:

A buddy of mine has a 2011 road king he bought there. He took it in about a year ago to get both tires replaced and told them to go ahead and change the oil, transmission and primary lubes. I was standing right there when he was talking to the service writer. That was on a Tuesday. His wife dropped him off on Thursday to pick it up and I rode over to meet him. We were going to ride back taking "the long way" together. After about 15 or so miles, he flagged me and we pulled into a parking lot. Said his transmission didn't feel right when shifting and he kept thinking he was hearing a noise from that side.
After checking, we found his transmission had NO lube in it. I rode back to Killer Creek and bought some transmission LUBE and stopped at a auto parts store and got a small funnel. When we got back to the dealer, Cam asked to speak with the service tech who worked on his scooter. The techs first comment when Cam told him about the transmission was " that's why I had that tranny LUBE sitting on my table." The service mgr basically accused Cam of trying to scam them after he got involved. Only after me and him both popped our corks and acted a fool loud enough for half of the showroom and office area to come see what was happening did he even get an apology. He finally ended up getting a transmission replacement out of it but only after Harley Davidson got involved which is a whole nuther story.
Wasn't going to say this but after reading all the other comments about their service dept I figured I oughta go ahead.

They hire those guys from the tech school with no experience and they think they are hot **** cause they work for a dealer.They wont even work on EVOs anymore they are so inept.I took my shovelhead to one of their Bikeshows and the judge didnt know what it was,I told him vintage.and went with that.

It's hard to find a good bike shop. My brother had his carb rebuilt at Atlanta Cycle and they did a very good job, and in a reasonable timeframe. But the first shop he took it to was a nightmare. Can't remeber the name. Was gonna take mine in but just went ahead and sold it. Bewteen having young children and Atlanta drivers, I'm struggling with getting back on two wheels.

Almost as tough as HellBender in Marietta. What a bunch of marketing crap. I bet Earl Smalls is rolling over in his grave.

I highly doubt it...his kids are rolling in the money for where they sold the dealership to the new group that's running it. Never met the man...but wherever he is, I bet he is laughing his ass off about now...

BPA in Calhoun is a great shop. Bryan Anderson owns and operates it. He works on Knuckleheads, Panheads, Shovelheads, EVO's, and of course T C's.
He has a portable DYNO and can find those hard to get parts and accessories.

Back
Top Bottom