• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anyone completed Georgia's lemon law process?

You do realize the numbers on the window sticker are completely bs. Not saying your truck doesn't have a problem but a quick Google search shows average 4wd fuel economy is in the 14-16mpg. Driving habits will be blamed for your "poor mileage".
The fuel smell may be a vapor recovery problem.

You do realize the numbers on the window sticker are completely bs. Not saying your truck doesn't have a problem but a quick Google search shows average 4wd fuel economy is in the 14-16mpg. Driving habits will be blamed for your "poor mileage".
The fuel smell may be a vapor recovery problem.
I do BUT if you take my truck and the same exact truck and follow each other for the day...mine would get 4-5 less mpg

I doubt you will get very far in the lemon law with the mpg. The smell of leaking fuel is a safety issue and might get ya somewhere

As an aside. My '12 Tundra 2wd with the 396 HP 5.7 gets 15 city and 19 hwy

My 04 expedition with the 5.4 gets 13 city. 16.5 hwy. and has no power at all. I've been very disappointed in it
The power is ok if it were a 6 cylinder. But it sucks gas like it has a big block 460

The Fords have no power and suck down gas
Some design flaw I suppose

You might hire an independent mechanic you trust for a few hours and have them thoroughly check out the engine. This might either provide you with a "smoking gun" with an independent mechanic to document the problem, or help set your mind at ease for your wife to drive the vehicle.

I've never been through the process from the consumer side, but years ago I was a volunteer arbitrator in Atlanta. At that time the program was administered by the Atlanta BBB. I guess the state subcontracted to the BBB for the service. At that time, is was well run and the arbitrators took the responsibility seriously. However, it was difficult for volunteer arbitrators to deal with highly technical issues.

Back
Top Bottom