• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anyone completed Georgia's lemon law process?

First i'd like to say i am offended by the 1982 El Camino comment. I have grown up with that smell and it's kind of sentimental. On a serious note in the year following the release of the Eco Boost the F150 owner boards were absolutely covered with people who went out and traded in their 5.4 v8 F150's and came home with the new and improved Eco Boost V6 and right off the bat were getting drastically worse MPG. Every single review i have seen on the Eco Boost is they have great power but Ford lied to everyone with the MPG claims.

Honestly, and you asked so, I don't think you have much of a chance at this point. First off, a v6 in a full size truck has to work it's butt off and will burn more fuel. Second, if its got less than 10k miles on it, it's not broken in and won't be until you get close to 35k miles, at that point it will get 3-5 more MPGs. The plugs look normal for an ecoboost engine. No disrespect intended, but it sounds like you are just unhappy with your choice.

As B.Byrd said, you might go to a reputable shop amd have it checked. And someone else said, you might have a chance if you can get documentation of the raw fuel smell and you have a chance of getting something done for safety reasons.

The lemon law is going to be tough to win over just the mpg your not very far out of range and it could be due to driving habits , I'm in the auto industry and unless you are having mechanical or safety issues it's tough

You might hire an independent mechanic you trust for a few hours and have them thoroughly check out the engine. This might either provide you with a "smoking gun" with an independent mechanic to document the problem, or help set your mind at ease for your wife to drive the vehicle.

I've never been through the process from the consumer side, but years ago I was a volunteer arbitrator in Atlanta. At that time the program was administered by the Atlanta BBB. I guess the state subcontracted to the BBB for the service. At that time, is was well run and the arbitrators took the responsibility seriously. However, it was difficult for volunteer arbitrators to deal with highly technical issues.

THANK YOU B. Byrd!

Maybe I said to much or worded the post the wrong, this post was about the lemon law process not my poor choice in vehicles! LOL

I only add the rant about the truck and it's poor MPG because I assumed someone would ask about it... The bad fuel milage is only a symptom of the SMELL...

I'm on the final step... I was looking for advice from someone that's been down this road.

Have you had it emission tested since the gas smell ? Seems like if there is raw fuel in the exhaust, it should fail emissions. but then again, seems like it would throw a code in the trucks computer.

just throwing out ideas

The lemon law is going to be tough to win over just the mpg your not very far out of range and it could be due to driving habits , I'm in the auto industry and unless you are having mechanical or safety issues it's tough

just to add one more thing, I tried to get the emissions tested (which I guess bc it's sooo new they can't) the guy ran a "test" and the truck FAILED..

Have you had it emission tested since the gas smell ? Seems like if there is raw fuel in the exhaust, it should fail emissions. but then again, seems like it would throw a code in the trucks computer.

just throwing out ideas

They could only do a "test" bc how new it was but it failed...
No codes but the emissions guy said it shows a vacuum leak

I wasn't dogging you or you choice by no means. I've been down the same road and only won because of safety issues that couldn't be repaired in more than 5 tries.
I had a gmc acadia that was in the shop 16 times. 2 steering columns, 2 stearing gear boxes amd other issues and still couldn't win the lemon law case so be prepared to spend a lot of time fighting and documenting.

Back
Top Bottom