• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anyone completed Georgia's lemon law process?

It sounds like there really is something wrong. I wish ya luck, it would be bad to have to deal with this another 20 months.

Good luck to ya

I will add, a friend of mine had a problem with a diesel GMC, his regular dealer was no help at all. He took it to a different dealer and was treated like a king.

ive got a full sized suv 4 wheel drive with a 6, get 16-17 in town 21 hwy no gas smell unless its methane .... i dont baby it either

Not for nothing if it didn't smell like fuel, It wouldn't be so bad... It's a lease I give it back in 20 months (my wife would just drive it her 60-70 miles a week) but bc the smell I don't feel comfortable her driving it...

If you are smelling fuel, there is definitely something wrong.

I would suspect maybe a cracked or loose fuel filter fitting.

A fuel smell could be something with the emissions, but I am far less familiar with that.

Plugs look fine to me.

First i'd like to say i am offended by the 1982 El Camino comment. I have grown up with that smell and it's kind of sentimental. On a serious note in the year following the release of the Eco Boost the F150 owner boards were absolutely covered with people who went out and traded in their 5.4 v8 F150's and came home with the new and improved Eco Boost V6 and right off the bat were getting drastically worse MPG. Every single review i have seen on the Eco Boost is they have great power but Ford lied to everyone with the MPG claims.

This is an important point about small engines. A V6 doesn't always get better mileage than a V8. The V6 really has to work hard to just drive at highway speed, a V8 is just getting warmed up. Sometimes, bigger is really better.

-That being said, I do think that your "gas smell" is a problem. Something ain't right with that. Ford should damn sure figure out exactly where it is coming from. Could be dangerous. (No car since @ 1980 should have a strong gas smell.)

*I thought of something else. You should smell the oil on your dipstick. If the oil smells like gasoline, you have a leaking injector. That can cause a gas smell on startup-and it ain't good. It leaks down into a cylinder and can cause all kinds of troubles.

Last edited:
ethanol gas gives you less miles per gal and it will eat up some rubber fuel lines over time. my old 4x4 Chevrolet I started to smelling gas and the lines coming from the charcoal canister were leaking like a sponge. I have heard of the water in the ethanol gas setting in the bottom of the tank and rusting the fuel pump. I've heard and read where ethanol gas gives you 3% less fuel mileage and some getting 4 to 6 miles less per gal. here is one article about it. http://www.roadandtrack.com/rt-archive/how-does-ethanol-impact-fuel-efficiency

Has anyone been thru Georgia's lemon law process?

I made it up to Step 5 which is "State-Operated Arbitration" and at this point I'm just waiting on my arbitration hearing. (Should be in around 35 days)

Anyone been down this road before?

Any advise?

I have a 2013 F150 Eco"Bust" that can't pass a gas station... If you walk around the outside of the truck you smell gas. (Like an old car)

View attachment 293184

Here are the spark plugs at @ 10k, I'm not a mechanic but looks like there might be an issue! LOL

View attachment 293186

I have always been pro-Ford so I'm not looking to bash them... But this thing is a HEAP! I wanted to get a Raptor, my wife even told me to get a Raptor!

I decided to be responsible and try to save some $ on fuel!

View attachment 293187

My cousins 13 Raptor gets better MPG and it doesn't smell like a 82 El Camino in the Walmart parking lot!

UGGGGGGGGGGG!

Wow. That's pretty crappy gas mileage. And I thought my 2004 5.4 F150 4x4 got bad mileage. I think I've got you beat. If I'm real frugal on the interstate, I can squeeze 15 mpg out of it. Around town, it's more like 11.5 mpg.

As little towing as I do, I was actually considering an EcoBoost for my next engine. Guess not.

They could only do a "test" bc how new it was but it failed...
No codes but the emissions guy said it shows a vacuum leak
A vacuum leak should set a check engine light for a lean code. That would explain the decrease in fuel economy and fuel smell as well.
No check engine light makes me wonder what the Emissions test guy saw that would indicate a vacduum leak. The "Test" is simply checking codes and readiness monitors. Unless he ran an asm test (tail pipe probe to measure emissions) I would love to see the datastream on this truck.

I wasn't dogging you or you choice by no means. I've been down the same road and only won because of safety issues that couldn't be repaired in more than 5 tries.
I had a gmc acadia that was in the shop 16 times. 2 steering columns, 2 stearing gear boxes amd other issues and still couldn't win the lemon law case so be prepared to spend a lot of time fighting and documenting.

It's cool man,and I do agree its going to be hard,point here proven, thats why I'm looking for some advice with the process...

The bad MPG is only a symptom of the smell, yet EVERYONE not just you always makes that the issue. No joke I have met 2 different members for deals in parking lots who though their cars had a smell coming from it, NOT mine... like guys walking around their cars bc they smelled GAS and I had to be like "bro it's mine"

but how the heck do you prove that! (that's the reason I always take it to poor MPG) it SUCKS!

The emissions guy told me he could only do like a system test bc he was not allowed to test such a new truck... (it was in my tail pipe)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom