• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anyone completed Georgia's lemon law process?

did you take it back to the dealer after you went to the emissions place? will help them narrow down the problem as likely just a loose hose/connection someplace. and they can do the smoke evap test there.

theres a recall for the intercooler I believe. if they get to much condensation you loose power at hwy speed if you stomp on it to pass someone. (you really shouldnt stomp on it in a turbo motor anyway)

the eco motors are awesome and will outrun pretty much any stock v8 truck produced right now. just need to pre spool the turbo before launch. I think the 5.7l tundras are the only ones faster, but they will make less mpg than what your complaining about right now lol.

sounds like you are already doing the lemon process though. good luck! my parents did the lemon law with a jeep patriot when they first put the diesel motor in it. and they still lost a bunch of money.

Yeah man, they blew me off... I called Ford customer service lost my MIND! Long story short I drove 40 mins to the ford dealer they recommend who smelled the smell enough to get me approved for a rental car thru ford customer service... 10 days later gave it back to me, did NOTHING but cleaned my plugs!

Yeah man, they blew me off... I called Ford customer service lost my MIND! Long story short I drove 40 mins to the ford dealer they recommend who smelled the smell enough to get me approved for a rental car thru ford customer service... 10 days later gave it back to me, did NOTHING but cleaned my plugs!

damn crappy dealer you messing around with. if you were closer I would say bring it up to Gwinnett Place Ford or Akins Ford. 2 of the best ford dealers ive ever dealt with. great mechanics there also.

If you search: ecoboost gas mileage problems, ecoboost oil smells like gas, ecoboost issues on google, there are hundreds if not thousands of issues with this motor....

damn crappy dealer you messing around with. if you were closer I would say bring it up to Gwinnett Place Ford or Akins Ford. 2 of the best ford dealers ive ever dealt with. great mechanics there also.

Idk if it's the dealers or Ford just won't approve repairs... Truck has been called in for TWO computer updates in less then 1 year!

**** FORD, They are well known to tell their customers to piss off. They always had issues with the tritons and the ECO boost was replacing that problem. I say this as to warn you about Ford,they could give two ****s about you. I would not let another mechanic outside of a Ford dealer**** touch it until you finally realize they are just jerking you around. If they figure out that someone has looked at it, they will use that against you and your claim will be void.
My wife had a Saturn lemoned in the early 2000's, if remember correctly, it was 5 times in a certified dealership with the same safety concerns. Her transmission had issues and the car would stall in traffic. She didn't have to do a hearing, took about 6mos but they finally bought the car back.

**** FORD, They are well known to tell their customers to piss off. They always had issues with the tritons and the ECO boost was replacing that problem. I say this as to warn you about Ford,they could give two ****s about you. I would not let another mechanic outside of a Ford dealer**** touch it until you finally realize they are just jerking you around. If they figure out that someone has looked at it, they will use that against you and your claim will be void.
My wife had a Saturn lemoned in the early 2000's, if remember correctly, it was 5 times in a certified dealership with the same safety concerns. Her transmission had issues and the car would stall in traffic. She didn't have to do a hearing, took about 6mos but they finally bought the car back.

Yes, sir! I have just been waiting, it's not my responsibility to work on a almost $55,000 brand new pick-up truck! Not for nothing, it could be something REALLY simple but just like you said they DON'T give a **** !

Truck runs extremely rich. (which would explain the smell, plugs & fuel mileage) their are times when you start it fuel just blows out the tailpipe!

I made it to the last step... Just waiting on a date!

For what its worth I bought a 1991 Firebird, I ordered it from the factory, V-8, 5 speed, T-tops. The GM standard factory warrienty was 2 years or 24K at that time. The T-tops leaked from the start, I took it in about 3 times in the first year, at 26k, appx. 2 years later the main oil seal went out, ( and had to be replaced about every 6k after that. ) The water pump and thermostat went out after 24k. And the clutch started to slip around 30k...
I had every recipt for every oil change, at 3k miles, and documented every problem... You want to know what GM did for me.... Nothing. About 15 years later I was reading a Car Craft Mag, and read where all the 305 V-8's were made out of spec. and the block had to be machined to get a proper seal to the oil pan. Now GM is dealing with this faulty switch crap, another known faulty part that GM let slide. GM dosent care about their customers never have and never will. My car was such a POS I got rid of it w/ less than 40k on the car. It looked brand new... I will never own a GM product again. NEVER.

Back
Top Bottom