• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anyone completed Georgia's lemon law process?

www.realtruck.com_images_products_bully_dog_triple_dog_gt_perfc7ce3faaa22f5c736b30c4447899a5d5.jpg

There is a simple and inexpensive test to locate your fuel smell. Have someone smoke test the fuel evap system to find the source.
P.S. with the engine off and the key off the system will vent to atmosphere. You might have a restriction in your purge line causing pressure to build in the fuel tank.

I'm not a huge fan of the EcoBoost but I own one and average 17.5 mpg with it (yes its a 4x4). I did have a buddy of mine having issues with his and they found a hose not connected properly (if you've had it back at ford 6 times I'd think they'd have caught it by now).
Also heard they had a recall on some units but once again you'd think they'd know that also.

This is no exaggeration and is the honest truth.
Well you asked about the lemon law so I'm going to tell you.

The lemon law is a piece of crap legislation with no teeth. It was passed by politicians with their hand under the table taking money for "campaign contributions"
The whole while telling their constituents "Look What we did! , We passed a lemon law to protect you!

When the truth is that the law has no teeth and the burden as a consumer is atrocious even if a vehicle is not road worthy.

I had two lemons in the early 1990s and yes both of them were brand new Fords. Gave em plenty of opportunity and even traded the first lemon a 91 for a second a 93 thinking everybody makes a lemon every now and then and giving Ford the benefit of the doubt and thinking Fords finally gonna make it right. Boy was I wrong.
The 2 vehicles had an endless list of problems and I spent nearly every weekend or every other weekend sitting in the service center for repairs for nearly three years.
The dealership even called the cops on me and kicked me out of the dealership for talking with other customers while my vehicle was in the shop and showing them my yellow pages sized stack of repair receipts and complaining about my Ford. It was very costly to trade it in and all i could afford was a Saturn (darn good car) being way upside down and all but at least I got rid of my headache and could get to and from work and the grocery store
I don't like Fords but I come by it honestly

I wish you all the luck in the world you're gonna need it.

PS After the Saturn was off to college with my son I bought a new Toyota twelve years ago and the only things it's needed are gas, oil, brakes, tires, a couple of batterys, a set of front rotors, windshield wipers, you know the stuff that eventually wears out, and 1 trip for routine maintenance (timing belt, plugs etc) .
Also within six months I was not upside down making payments on a vehicle that was worth less than I owed like a Ford and stayed ahead until it was paid for.
Still has much better resale in a whole different league than the same year Ford.
Just a couple of facts for your consideration.

Last edited:
Good luck.

I watched my parents fight with Ford in the 90s. The POS Explorer sat in a warehouse for a year or more while they battled it out.

did you take it back to the dealer after you went to the emissions place? will help them narrow down the problem as likely just a loose hose/connection someplace. and they can do the smoke evap test there.

theres a recall for the intercooler I believe. if they get to much condensation you loose power at hwy speed if you stomp on it to pass someone. (you really shouldnt stomp on it in a turbo motor anyway)

the eco motors are awesome and will outrun pretty much any stock v8 truck produced right now. just need to pre spool the turbo before launch. I think the 5.7l tundras are the only ones faster, but they will make less mpg than what your complaining about right now lol.

sounds like you are already doing the lemon process though. good luck! my parents did the lemon law with a jeep patriot when they first put the diesel motor in it. and they still lost a bunch of money.

Back
Top Bottom