Has anyone else's ignore list grown...

Believe it that if we had millions or even hundreds of thousands dead it would have negatively effected the economy a lot more than the shut down. Once we get passed this the economy is going to spring back fast because we are keeping it and the people of the US intact. It's just on hold for a while. Nothing has been destroyed.

The long term solution is a vaccine, which they are working on to their fullest ability. Once we have it, Covid 19 will no longer be a big deal.
It'll most likely end up like the flu, it'll evolve and mutate every few years

Plus what happens in 6 months or a year, if we see an uptick in the number of cases? Do we shut things down again and pass another massive stimulus (meaning debt) package? I don't know what to think sometimes.
And THERE is the real incalculable cost of this cluster. The ice has been broken. Every time it's done going forward will be infinitely easier and acceptable. The economy will never EVER be considered on 'stable' footing again. Day traders rejoice! I guess.

Believe it that if we had millions or even hundreds of thousands dead it would have negatively effected the economy a lot more than the shut down. Once we get passed this the economy is going to spring back fast because we are keeping it and the people of the US intact. It's just on hold for a while. Nothing has been destroyed.

The long term solution is a vaccine, which they are working on to their fullest ability. Once we have it, Covid 19 will no longer be a big deal.
a Bill Gates vaccine?

I disagree. It's easy to look in the rear view mirror and pass judgement. However, medical and government leaders were working with incomplete and dynamic data.
1. From China, who lied.
2. From Europe, where many countries were (and continue to be) hammered.
3. From computer modeling based on 1 and 2.

It's was a no-win scenario. Hands off, blamed for not doing enough. Too much intervention, blamed for totalitarian control. I believe that's why responsibility for response was pushed down to state level in large part.

That being said, I believe we have enough data from a US impact standpoint to begin an incremental rolling back of shelter in place and quarantine controls. Life will return to normal. The economy will recover. Your 401k will recover.

It wasn't a massive government conspiracy.

100% right

Believe it that if we had millions or even hundreds of thousands dead it would have negatively effected the economy a lot more than the shut down. Once we get passed this the economy is going to spring back fast because we are keeping it and the people of the US intact. It's just on hold for a while. Nothing has been destroyed. The long term solution is a vaccine, which they are working on to their fullest ability. Once we have it, Covid 19 will no longer be a big deal.

Would there be millions? I don't know... I saw that in 2018 2.8 million deaths occurred in the U.S. from all causes. I don't want thousands of people to get sick and die, but I also don't want to see the country grind to a halt for months each time this is a threat. I'm sure it will be around for years.

We will recover - however if millions are out of work for months, it won't occur over night. Those people won't immediately go out and buy a new car, remodel their home, buy a new house or take an expensive vacations...all of which helped fuel our booming economy. If it's a just few more weeks, then hopefully the long term impact won't be too bad. If we are still shut down in late Summer and into the Fall, then it will be much harder to get things going again.

My understanding is it can develop into a new strain (along the lines of the flu) and a new vaccine would be needed for each one. Perhaps that has changed now that we are further along into this.

And THERE is the real incalculable cost of this cluster. The ice has been broken. Every time it's done going forward will be infinitely easier and acceptable. The economy will never EVER be considered on 'stable' footing again. Day traders rejoice! I guess.

I'm sure we'll be on version #2, #3 and #4 real soon. Don't ask any questions about the cost or what it adds to the debt...just vote YES! What is the impact to the economy and all of us here, WHEN the federal government cannot pay the debt interest and no one will loan us anymore money? Which is worse : covid-19 or a bankrupt federal government?

Wouldn't you consider a person behaving in ways that could carelessly spreading this virus, and encouraging others to do the same because they believe it will not affect them personally, as screwing someone over?
Yep, i would agree with that....now that it has been put that way.
There are lots of folks that believe if someone is not doing something that doesnt directly affect them then live and let live. I see folks that do crap to other folks as eventually that person or their crap will make it around to me....so cut it off before hand.
There is no need or reason to be stupid during this virus thing. We will get back to normal before long. I would rather not be among the first ones to be wrong on that front. So i will wait and watch.

... since the beginning of the pandemic?

In a decade on ODT I had put only one person on ignore until all the stupid crap that has been posted about what's happening in our country now. The level of paranoid conspiracy theory and outright willful ignorance being demonstrated is almost unbelievable. But even that didn't get my ignore button working.

When someone talks about this only being dangerous to older people or those with preexisting conditions, which is wrong BTW, and so they don't care because it won't affect them, it shows the absolute worst in character.

If it was just about me I really wouldn't care, but you assholes are also talking about my wife, so "F" y'all. I want nothing to do with you. I don't want to hear anymore of your idiotic drivel and I sure as hell don't want to do any deals with you.

See ya! Or no actually, I won't. LOL!
wait...who said that??? must have been a little bee or something. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom