• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has there ever been a bad BBQ joint thread here?

Worst: Troy's in Rome. Their pork sandwich tastes like Liquid Smoke poured on a Walmart canned ham.

Best: Armstrong's in Summerville, but when John died, the heirs closed it permanently soon after. Theirs's was a dryer Carolina style with lots of pepper. Best pork/beef sandwiches I've ever had.

Man, Armstrong's was somethin special.

For a couple of years in highschool, I worked at Vandy's in Statesboro. I've since been very difficult to impress with pulled pork, never really finding anything beyond "okay," and sometimes being shocked with "yuck," as a TON of places dollop out servings of pulled pork that are then reheated for service. Microwaves are not pulled pork friendly.

I will say I was impressed with the pulled pork at Two Dukes in Americus. Very impressed. That's good eats.

Stonewalls in the strip mall by 85 and 53, terrible and clueless. Jacks old south, thought they were outta biz years ago but there was a car in the lot so maybe. Sonny's got run outta town like a common pigmy when the Smokehouse moved out of the tent they were in and into a new building. They are still pretty good. As a rule, I can't see how you can have good BBQ in a strip mall. Moonies has (better than average) brisket. Pork is greasy. And has been mentioned, is pricey. Like most of you, I do my own and thats kinda my bar. The thing that separates most is being able to keep meat fresh tasting for long periods. You can't smoke to order. Never know when, what or how much product to serve. Make it good so when its gone thats it, go fishing, Theres a lot that do it right and a bunch without a clue.

Out here in Paulding County, The Briar Patch and Happy Hawg are both very popular, but for the life of me, I don't know why. Both places are sub-par, at best.

My go to places are (in no particular order): Fox Brothers, Heirloom, DAS, Wallace in Austell , Hutsons in D'ville (although I agree, it has slipped a little), and Dave Poe's in May-retta.

I might have to fight some people after i say this, but the worst BBQ i ever had was when i was stationed in Texas....at multiple joints bug and small, drive through and sit down. all dry as a bone and had to ASK for some kind sauce. barely seasoned. did i mention dry? Steaks were dry out there also.

Shane’s Rib Shack in Griffin was pretty good...................

Before it closed!!!

Just kidding folks,sorry had to get the laugh out of my system

I might have to fight some people after i say this, but the worst BBQ i ever had was when i was stationed in Texas....at multiple joints bug and small, drive through and sit down. all dry as a bone and had to ASK for some kind sauce. barely seasoned. did i mention dry? Steaks were dry out there also.
Texicans know **** all about barbeque. I mean **** all. Nothing. Nada.

Back
Top Bottom