• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever backed out of a sale after meeting with a buyer?

Some people just talk way too much. If I was buying a gun for someone I sure wouldn't tell anyone. Makes me think it could have been a sting.
Had what I believe to be an attempted sting. I had a gun for sale/trade on here and had a guy with a handgun contact me to do a trade. In the process of messaging back and forth I mentioned I'm a GA resident and he responded by saying he lived in Yulee. I asked if he meant Yulee FL and he said yes, so I told him that's crossing state lines and requires using an FFL dealer with added costs for paperwork and hassle to ship. He then told me he had a buddy that was on St Mary's GA PD but lived in FL and could he have his buddy buy the gun from me to give to him? Uh not only no, but **** no. I wished him well and said no deal.

Yes.

Met a guy to purchase a 3-screw Ruger Blackhawk .357. Upon inspection, I found that it had been sent back to Ruger for the “upgraded” transfer bar safety system, which I didn’t want. It can be converted back, and I can do the work, but it would require the cost of the parts. The cost of the parts, plus the cost of the gun itself, drove the overall price up to more than I wanted to pay for that gun. I declined to purchase the Ruger, we chitchatted for a while, and parted amicably.

Per the ODT Rules & Guidelines, no buyer is required to purchase the item in question BEFORE they have a chance to inspect it in person. The buyer always has the right to decline to go through with the deal, for any reason, without negative feedback.

We’ve had sellers leave negative feedback when the buyer refused to purchase an item at the meet location. We have always removed that negative feedback when the buyer protested it.

You’re only required to show up to the deal, not to go through with the deal.

I’ve never backed out of a deal….

But I had some old f***** meet up with me to buy a red dot equipped Glock… only to decide while examining the gun at the meet that he wasn’t sure about getting a gun with a red dot. Preferred irons. 🤦‍♀️

He was promptly put on the ignore list.

Back
Top Bottom