Have you ever bought a "BLEM" pistol directly from CZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
Have you ever bought a blemished firearm directly from CZ? If so how did it go?

Was looking at something that's a "BLEM" model since it's about $100 cheaper and just wondered how minor the blemishes are.

Thanks.

1680041142870.png

Direct from? No.

I bought a blemmed 75 D via a dealer who had been alerted to availability via their distributor - and there was a kind of smear in the finish on the frame. Given that this is polycoat, I'm surprised CZ didn't just disassemble the gun, and strip and refinish the frame, but maybe they broaght it into the country and then discovered the flaw, and sending it back to Czech-Land was just uneconomical. Or maybe the distributor had blemmed it.

Either way, I really had to look closely to see the blemish.

Needless to say I've only VERY RARELY seen blemmed models come available.

HOWEVER

I don't think that website is legit.

1. CZ USA don't sell firearms, but they do sell spares
2. CZ Custom is a separate business, but they don't run a site like that
3. That website hasn't had an update to the copyright notice since 2018
4. They're offering long-discontinued models on their homepage
5. There's no physical address (this is always a big red flag)
6. If you're adventurous enough (and foolish enough) and actually go thru' the process, you'll be offered the ability to pay with Zelle/Google Pay or something you wouldn't expect. Most importantly, no credit cards (because you can block payments on credit cards).

and finally, here's its rating at Scam Detector.

If you're feeling creative, use their web form and ask them for "best pricing" on the model you're looking for.

Looking a bit more, I find this.

Direct from? No.

I bought a blemmed 75 D via a dealer who had been alerted to availability via their distributor - and there was a kind of smear in the finish on the frame. Given that this is polycoat, I'm surprised CZ didn't just disassemble the gun, and strip and refinish the frame, but maybe they broaght it into the country and then discovered the flaw, and sending it back to Czech-Land was just uneconomical. Or maybe the distributor had blemmed it.

Either way, I really had to look closely to see the blemish.

Needless to say I've only VERY RARELY seen blemmed models come available.

HOWEVER

I don't think that website is legit.

1. CZ USA don't sell firearms, but they do sell spares
2. CZ Custom is a separate business, but they don't run a site like that
3. That website hasn't had an update to the copyright notice since 2018
4. They're offering long-discontinued models on their homepage
5. There's no physical address (this is always a big red flag)
6. If you're adventurous enough (and foolish enough) and actually go thru' the process, you'll be offered the ability to pay with Zelle/Google Pay or something you wouldn't expect. Most importantly, no credit cards (because you can block payments on credit cards).

and finally, here's its rating at Scam Detector.

If you're feeling creative, use their web form and ask them for "best pricing" on the model you're looking for.

Looking a bit more, I find this.

Great info - thank you. I'll keep looking and do some more research.

That's why I posted a screen shot, just in case it was a fake site. I had some reservations. It does appear they take credit cards. That is a give-away on some other sites I have looked at.

There was another site I just looked at, but couldn't find where they had a current FFL with the ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom