Have you ever had a custom gun built or made extensive mods and never fired the gun?

Good question LSU .... I've often wondered that myself. If I paid money to have it modified or "customized to be a one of a kind" they say, then when I got it back I would damned sure shoot it to see what I paid for!! Even on the cosmetic things you would still want to make sure the piece functioned properly after somebody else had it and done god knows what to it. Am I missing something?

All that customizing only to find out the weapon is a piece of **** to be sold as the most awesome weapon ever and never fired.

I never have but it seems a lot of folks do - LOL. Actually I have never had any really serious or expensive gun work done BUT if I did I would have to shoot it - right? Otherwise - what is the point? There is a lot of stuff I dont know also....

I have 1 unfired weapon - it was given to me by a great friemd of my Dad's. Just old and new - never had anything else that I did not buy TO shoot.

I never have but it seems a lot of folks do - LOL. Actually I have never had any really serious or expensive gun work done BUT if I did I would have to shoot it - right? Otherwise - what is the point? There is a lot of stuff I dont know also....

I have 1 unfired weapon - it was given to me by a great friemd of my Dad's. Just old and new - never had anything else that I did not buy TO shoot.
This is what I'm saying....I don't think I've got anything I haven't shot except an old as dirt muzzle loader pistol that don't have any value except to hang on the wall! Maybe these peeps are custom firearms flippers !

These are usually the same ads where the person says "will only accept awesome trades because I'm not sure I want to part with it". Really? Is that why you have it listed?!

I've got things I haven't shot yet (inherited) but I certainly have never bought a gun and not fired it much less had one built or heavily modified and not fired it. It happens enough I'm sure there's an explanation but to me it would sort of be like heavily modifiying a car and not driving it. :confused:

For me "custom" is in the eye of the beholder. Individual taste needs, and wants. Like a custom hot rod. Make all kind of mods and many times any prospective buyer will not want something.

Back
Top Bottom